Phoenix Gold Oz Show full post »
Phoenix Gold Oz
harleywarn wrote:
You did an amazing build and its just twice or thrice have seen the pictures...Great work!!


Thanks!!! Hope you guys enjoy the overload of pics... I just think that when I look through these build logs of Amazing cars I always want more pics, I want to see how everything is done. So with that in mind we've tried to take as many pics as possible.

So in other news, our trip to Hong Kong was GREAT!!! We met with the Team from AAMP of AMERICA and they have been following our Astra build. We spoke about the latest rebuild and it seems they wanted to help us out. It's official that we will now be using all the new ELITE amplifiers and subwoofers!!!

So the plan is 12x ELITE.12d's and 6x ELITE.1's -- Believe it or not by stepping down to 12 ELITE.12d's we will actually be moving MORE air than running 18x Ti212d4's, Gotta LOVE the 60mm Xmax!!! We'll also be going from 11,250w RMS up to 24,600w RMS!!!

Alrighty then enough talk!

We made some decent progress this weekend thanks to Craig Whyte lending a helping hand.

Got the inside of the box all sanded (there went another 5 belt sander belts), then put the box into the car for the final time, all joints Liquid Nailed and screwed together. Then on Sunday we took a couple hours to do a garage clean up (amazing what you find) and did a Bunnings run for supplies and more wood (Ply and MDF). There was enough time and motivation left to go ahead and bondo up ALL the screw holes and joints on both the inside and outside of the box.

Take a look:



Quote 0 0
Phoenix Gold Oz
Silly 4 picture limit...






More next weekend!

Cheers,

Scott
Quote 0 0
Phoenix Gold Oz
Hi All,

Not much to look at but it sure took long enough...sanded down the interior of the box and cleaned it all up.



Next we took the final measurements and made an old school cardboard layout to work out magnet clearance and whether we could actually physically get the subs in and out of the 'wedge'. After a bit of messing around we worked out a good compromise, we have a nice progression of cross-sectional area Vs the cone area of the subs. At the back of the second row of subs (where it turns into port) we have approx 80% of cone area, in the middle of the two rows we have 96%, and at the very front of the box we have 99%. Hopefully this will take care of the compression problems we had with the last box.



Had to give the poor Astra a quick wash after getting covered in Fibreglass dust.



Off to Canada for 10 days, so no updates for a bit, but as soon as I'm back we're ready for Baffles!!!

Cheers,

Scott
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy