Wayne Harris Show full post »
Team Sound Freqs
DubaR wrote:
no the issue is when running a music car in a burp class just ask the demo guys. My point is this class should be for the demo guys who run a flat musical response system as in turn the burp car shines in the drag format. I disagree it is not to find the most consistent frequency song but have a song with a consists of beat where a flat response system that can adapt to frequency changes with little to no bandwidth loss/gain.

You want it to be for the demo guys, but the demo guys don't compete. So what's the point then? To give them a class they won't compete in because they won't put in the time to practice, don't care about the meter, and care more about flapping doors at 20hz? C'mon....
Quote 0 0
DubaR

You want it to be for the demo guys, but the demo guys don't compete. So what's the point then? To give them a class they won't compete in because they won't put in the time to practice, don't care about the meter, and care more about flapping doors at 20hz? C'mon....
I give 2 middle fingers about the buck50 20hz door flappers. I'm more interested it the working class mom with with 2 FU300-10's in the rear on a 500 watt mono block at .5 or the tax time baller who just bought two d4 12" kicker comps and a d1200.1 with 8 gauge I want them to have a legitimate beach to build sandcastles without "home made recordings" these are the people we need to come hang out on a local level to improve this format and show participation. I literally have dudes with 3 DC 18" XL's on 3 7.5ks at .5 in 119.9 and 129.9 class playing lil jon "home recorded tracks" vs a newB on a blupunkt 300rms 10" who's clipping the crap out of it to hit a 128/9 playing the godfather sound track. At one of my shows last year I actually tested this and had 2 simi new competitors run the same track from the same start point they both did very well against each other for there 3rd time it was off a db drag jam CD they both plsyed.
Quote 0 0
Team Sound Freqs
DubaR wrote:
I give 2 middle fingers about the buck50 20hz door flappers. I'm more interested it the working class mom with with 2 FU300-10's in the rear on a 500 watt mono block at .5 or the tax time baller who just bought two d4 12" kicker comps and a d1200.1 with 8 gauge I want them to have a legitimate beach to build sandcastles without "home made recordings" these are the people we need to come hang out on a local level to improve this format and show participation. I literally have dudes with 3 DC 18" XL's on 3 7.5ks at .5 in 119.9 and 129.9 class playing lil jon "home recorded tracks" vs a newB on a blupunkt 300rms 10" who's clipping the crap out of it to hit a 128/9 playing the godfather sound track. At one of my shows last year I actually tested this and had 2 simi new competitors run the same track from the same start point they both did very well against each other for there 3rd time it was off a db drag jam CD they both plsyed.

They literally have their own sandbox to play in. There are so many songs that will play 30 seconds consistently it's not even funny. 
Quote 0 0
Will3
Bassrace is a skill competition more than anything that has to do with the actual system, but the greatest thing about it is a newb with a $200 system can beat a $10k system in 129.9 
There is a learning curve for beginners even with the right disc and track , most promoters at small shows typically have a disc newbs can purchase or borrow and we give practice runs when time permits
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
I have a blazer that has more of a burp box to it. But it won’t bass boxing and has done very well in Bass Race and top dog. Just need to play music tunes more at your frequency. 
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
There are a lot of good ideas here. Some are workable and others not so much. The easiest and fastest solution would be to require dB Jams V21 for Bass Race. All of the Boomchek songs would work well. Each song focuses on a different frequency range. And, we have some good music tracks this year.

The membership kits mailed out today! Everyone should start receiving their packets and CD's in a few days.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 1 0
Will3
There are a lot of good ideas here. Some are workable and others not so much. The easiest and fastest solution would be to require dB Jams V21 for Bass Race. All of the Boomchek songs would work well. Each song focuses on a different frequency range. And, we have some good music tracks this year.

The membership kits mailed out today! Everyone should start receiving their packets and CD's in a few days.

I'm in Boss let's do it,  I love challenges looking forward to it 
Quote 1 0
Kyle Eberle

So now since my car peaks higher then most tracks I'm basically at a disadvantage now to bassrace....
Quote 0 0
DubaR

One issue i see with this, is what happens if you have a guy that wants to compete and hes not able to play loud enough at chosen frequency.   Do we just tell him that he cant compete? The appeal for Bass Race is being able to play music of a competitors choosing in a way that no matter how loud your system is or what it consists of you could still be in the same class.

My stock ford fusion will bassrace 119.9 class and the class can be offered at a local level. I offer it at my shows. Pulled 2 entries for it both was spectators that got involved after seen me run a 129.9 class they ran stock systems in there car. Anyone can literally bassrace.
Quote 0 0
DubaR
Kyle Eberle wrote:

So now since my car peaks higher then most tracks I'm basically at a disadvantage now to bassrace....

What does peak have to do with bassrace. All the "pro's" can run anyone's car and win they posted about it in this thread. A musical class should be able to play musical songs to achieve a 129.9 or 139.9 with ease 
Quote 0 0
Kyle Eberle
DubaR wrote:

What does peak have to do with bassrace. All the "pro's" can run anyone's car and win they posted about it in this thread. A musical class should be able to play musical songs to achieve a 129.9 or 139.9 with ease 

Doing 59.9 with just 2 subs I want to do it with as little power as needed.  So playing at peak helps with that.  Not wanting to be at a disadvantage with bassrace because I'm also building a true spl car
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
Kyle Eberle wrote:

Doing 59.9 with just 2 subs I want to do it with as little power as needed.  So playing at peak helps with that.  Not wanting to be at a disadvantage with bassrace because I'm also building a true spl car

Agreed. I don't run dB DRA for its burp classes, i run it for Bass Race and Top Dog.  I'm built for other orgs, which it does well in. My wall has four 12s, but I'm going against guys with four 18s or even bigger in Super Street 3-4.  This is a scenario of why change something that isn't broken and one thing that sets the org apart from others.  Bass Race and Top Dog need to be kept the same.  If a musical track is needed for consistency, then it needs to be at every frequency from 30-80hz
Quote 0 0
Mateusz Dolny
As I knew no one in Germany, Austria and poland violates this rule...they nearly use the same audio Tracks...😂
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy