Kyle Eberle
I think it's about time to get brackets sorted out by qualifying positions like drag side does it.  There is no rhyme or reason why if you qualify the highest in your bracket your not the 1 seed against the lowest seed. 

Thoughts and ideas yall?
Quote 0 0
Loddie_gotti
Claton will beat you no mater what place you qualify
Quote 2 0
Wayne Harris
When Sam Horn and I first started working on Bass Race it was felt that "randomizing" the brackets would be important. Otherwise competitors could work together to "stack the deck".

Right now, I'm not sure that qualifying scores could EVEN be used at Finals to determine bracketing. It was crazy... we had like 13 people in 139.9 with a qualifying score of 139.98 or 139.99.
[E17528W3M30P1C] 
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Army City Charlie
Like Wayne said, not sure how that would work with multiple people doing .99’s in nearly every BR class. Last seed could be a .98 like in 39.9 this year. 
Quote 0 0
mhart
Time to add some more decimal places. 
Quote 0 0
Hank Veach
could easily be done.  the people who qualify first should have a higher seed.   there really is no reason jared and steve should be together EVERY time when its "random"
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Hank Veach wrote:
could easily be done.  the people who qualify first should have a higher seed.   there really is no reason jared and steve should be together EVERY time when its "random"

I don't believe we should change this (this year at least.) But I will investigate HOW the random placement is done. I am pretty sure it is random as it is impossible to de-bracket and then re-bracket and end up with the same pairings. If you have noticed a pattern please let me know so that I can see what is going on.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser

I don't believe we should change this (this year at least.) But I will investigate HOW the random placement is done. I am pretty sure it is random as it is impossible to de-bracket and then re-bracket and end up with the same pairings. If you have noticed a pattern please let me know so that I can see what is going on.

not true wayne. I have debracketed and rebracketed and they come out the same. However if one of the scores is changed, but not effecting standings it could results in different bracket. 

It seems that the scores do factor in somehow to placement but it’s not necessarily random. I’d have to go back and look at one show from last year that I was at where we had issues with the brackets and had to recreate the bracket. Due to computer crash. 
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Brandon, the brackets for dB Drag Racing are based on qualifying scores. But, the brackets for Bass Race are determined randomly. 

In dB Drag you can create brackets, debracket, and then create brackets again and the pairings will be the same.

In Bass Race, you can create brackets, debracket, and then create brackets again but the pairings will be different.

I would appreciate it if you could refrain from using definitive statements (such as “That’s not true”) unles the statement is, in fact, accurate. If you ever have a question or concern such as this you should always contact me first before creating confusion on public forums. I know that’s hard these days in the FB “shoot first and ask questions later” reality in which we live but the last thing I need is for our judges sowing misinformation.

Thanks.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
I used “that’s not true” because I have bracketed bass race contestants. Then debracketed, and then rebracketed and they came out the exact same. There may be some randomness to this. But I’ve only noticed it to be random if you change someone’s qualifying score. This occurred summer of 2018. So I’m not sure if there has been an update since then. I was talking about bass race. I know db Drag is by score. 
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Nothing has changed. I am certain that scores don’t play any role in this. But, the number of competitors has an impact on the ODDS of an identical re-bracket. 

From high-school math on “factorials”...

If there are two competitors then there are only two ways the brackets can be created.
2 x 1 = 2
So, if you bracket / de-bracket / bracket there is a 50-50 chance the brackets will remain the same.

If you go up to 3 competitors then there is a 1 in 6 chance...
3 x 2 x 1 = 6

If you go to 10 competitors it becomes...
10 x 9 x 8 x 7 x 6 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 1 in a shitload chance 😁
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser

Nothing has changed. I am certain that scores don’t play any role in this. But, the number of competitors has an impact on the ODDS of an identical re-bracket. 

From high-school math on “factorials”...

If there are two competitors then there are only two ways the brackets can be created.
2 x 1 = 2
So, if you bracket / de-bracket / bracket there is a 50-50 chance the brackets will remain the same.

If you go up to 3 competitors then there is a 1 in 6 chance...
3 x 2 x 1 = 6

If you go to 10 competitors it becomes...
10 x 9 x 8 x 7 x 6 x 5 x 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 1 in a shitload chance ðŸ˜

Yep i understand, maybe it was just a fluke instance when it happened.  Cause less than 1%  isn't favorable odds for a repeat.

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy