craig hooker
I am still having my headlights dim when system is cranked. They also dim when its off and just running headlights and blower motor. I have upgraded the big three, changed pully on alternator, and battery is pretty new. Will a deep cycle dual purpose battery help? I have read so many different opinions online about it.
Quote 0 0
Papa Smurf
Some more information would be great. Like what car/truck you have? what year is your vehicle? is the alternator stock? what battery you have? and what amps you are running and what is the wattage are they? This information is needed to help you get the answer you need to get it done right.
Quote 0 0
craig hooker
It is a 94 chevy k1500 truck. Stock 105 amp alt. Battery is a napa 690 CCA. I have an infinity reference 1211a running 4 ohm 850rms and a alpine mrx-f30 4X50rms.
Quote 0 0
Papa Smurf
Quote:
Originally posted by craig hooker:
It is a 94 chevy k1500 truck. Stock 105 amp alt. Battery is a napa 690 CCA. I have an infinity reference 1211a running 4 ohm 850rms and a alpine mrx-f30 4X50rms.
The first thing, upgrade your alternator & battery if i was you i would use a newer style alternator AB244 stock they are 145amps you will need to get a adaptor plug to make it work on your truck or you can cut and splice that's up to you.There is a lot of choices with the new style alternator from 145-400+amps at the most you would need with what you have is a 200amp alternator.Now for the battery that napa 690 CCA is not going to do it replace it with a optima yellow top or XS power battery. Next have you done the big three upgrade if not here a how to http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=73496&KW=big+3 . Here a link for a alternator that i have used in some of my past customers vehicle and it has worked well for me in the past and i have it on my dd. http://www.wedoautoparts.com/products/Delco-Replacement-Alternator%252d8292N%252d253A.html

[ 10-18-2011, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Papa Smurf ]
Quote 0 0
SPL KID
when you did the big three did you make sure to sand away the paint to the metal at the grounding points? If not the big three doesn't help in some instances. Also grounding your alternator casing helps also.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy