ben jamin
The rules for db drag clearly state 12volts is the standard. I see 16volt and 18volt systems and I want to play with some of those options for my set up. If I show up with batteries that are not 12volt what or how will they be allowed.
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
16/18v is only allowed in Super Street and Extreme. All others need 12v, but in the new rules can charge at 15v for some classes now.
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
Thanks so in those classes any battery voltage and combination of battery voltages must be allowed. Like three six volt batteries to make 18volts and that’s just an example I know that three sixes would make more than 18volts. Or a 12volt and a 2volt to make 14 volts.
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
Correct. In fact across the pond they do that in some cases. As long as it doesn't exceed 18v its fine. Although it has to be bad having batteries with different internal resistance connected for any long period of time.
Quote 0 0
ben jamin
I had not thought much about that but your right they would not all charge the same.
I am playing with eight new 6volt batteries and charging them to their max potential by making pairs at 12 volts each for now. These will only be used for competition not for daily driving type use. At some point I want to try adding them to eight 12volt batteries so that I have a bank of sixteen at 18volts and then do some testing.
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
I don't think it will work unfortunately. The resting voltage of most 6v's is usually ~6.8v and 12v's ~12.8. That alone will put you over 18v resting. You either need to pair them with an 8v battery or think of another route, cause that won't be legal in the lanes.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy