maxxology
Well some of you may have known me with my j30 with the wall. after that got more into sq and that is where this car stands. a simple non-intrusive system that sound good.

start this off with a few specs and pictures of the car itself

2008 Pontiac G8 Gt. 6.0 Liter, 350WHP NA, as of now. lot of small visual, and suspension upgrades, other then audio.

the system layout
Quote 0 0
maxxology
a few interior pics.

Quote 0 0
maxxology
nm no videos on this site i see

[youtube][/youtube]

i tried that.
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
can't link vids off the site? we all use youtube and other sources and used to link vids all the time. maybe it's the new format...

clean car and nice system layout.

do the amps get hot under there upside down? I suppose most decent amps don't barely get warm so probably doesn't.. my old school audio art amp doesn't get warm really either when I think about it...
Quote 0 0
maxxology
not any hotter then normal i guess. seems like a lot of people but the jl audio hd amps in places like even center consoles stacked together with no problem. one thing though, the audison lrx amps i had before didnt seem to like the spot, they seemed to not last very long, so i had them replaced and went with the jl audio amps.
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
cool, unless I hit gold diggin my nose audisons aren't on my list of amps to buy lol. I have mortgage and other bills before higher class SQish amps lol.

good to know the JL HD/XD amps seem to be cool runners!
Quote 0 0
maxxology
they deffently do well for the price.

didnt i sell you an eclipse ti pro 15. i miss that sub, if i was ever to get back into a crazy loud system, i would do 2 of them with 4000 on each. that sub took 2 kicker 2500s on a single one.
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
that was on Ca.com, yeah, I used the motor with a 12" underhung upper even. good sub. I eventually sold the 12" upper and the 15" separately. I've went through alot of pretty big setups. a year ago I bought a house then got laid off so sold all my sounds stuff. currently getting the bug but I have so much money in debt and other expensive hobbies like ATVs and guns so I have a crappy setup right now..

I'll possibly get back into it at some point full swing again. I did a 144.? @32hz out of my wife's jetta trunk with that sub lol. in a box tuned to 28hz playing music (never even bothered to burp it lol) took 1st place at a soundoff at audio innovations on their TL. so I got it pretty loud before letting it go I was running 2 coils because 1 went down or something... that car had NO mods (not even big 3) so it was just a box I built for music dropped into the car and decided to take it to the comp. I did have my own dual sensor TL back then I just didn't care to build an SPL only setup. all the systems and numbers I've ever done were with music power and boxes lol. build to ground pound then drove to the comps to see how it fared. but most of the setups here I've seen were the same so no sense building fart setups when everyone else on the big island was just doing ground pounders.. I did ok too so can't complain.

I've ran all kinds of stuff and wanted the 4hp motor basically lol. then decided I wanted multiple large subs so got some AQ HD3s then sold all my stuff and am where I am now, starting at square 1 and broke as I was when I was a kid because of my excessive bills lol

here's a quick vid of it in the jetta, didn't show the sub but just the flex, sorry, I have a.d.d. so I'm not a very good camera man lol

http://www.myspace.com/video/hawaiianbasshead/eclipse-tipro-15-quot-in-jetta/43653858

don't have pix of the install I don't think either, same box I had installed in my truck then it happened to fit in the trunk. powered off a pair of xp1400ds strapped 1.4ohms, I DID put 2 yellowtop 34s where the spare tire was prior to putting the 15" in the cars trunk.

I rhino lined the box just so it wasn't plain when I put it in the wife's car. in the truck it was only on one 1400d don't recall maybe it was .7ohms I strapped them at and .7ohms on the single as well... been a while, my 10 year old was in a car seat lol. I have 2 little ones again and the older has a car seat is how I noticed it...

http://www.myspace.com/video/hawaiianbasshead/eclipse-tipro-15-quot-2nd-vid/40869899

edit: is that a flared port under the grill? if I knew how to add rep I'd throw one your way for the memory and another for the flared port, I decided I liked the system much more just for being ported with a flared port into the tire well LOL
Quote 0 0
tprj82
clean build, and why do all you Hawaiians have to post up vids of you next to the oceans and rub that **** in! YES we know you live on one of the most beautiful places on earth stop reminding us lol
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
dude, I'm on an ISLAND, look thru my album, you can pretty much see ocean no matter where you are... ocean means sh!t unless you're in it really man. even from a boat, big deal unless you get to take a dip...

I'm not one for scenery myself, when I goto the mainland I don't go visit landmarks and ****, I don't EVER go make a trip to the waterfalls not even to get laid (not that its needed to get laid but I'm sure it could help with hotties?) I'm mostly interested in living life not looking at archiological sights or admiring rainbows and other pretty things (save hot chicks, I'll admire them pleny) or sick whips or quads an stuff lol. anything that goes fast is a plus, if it looks good while doing it even better. I'm more for go than show. I don't think I've really ever carpeted a sub box, usually I'm already planning on upgrades so don't bother making anything permanent lol.

yeah, it's nice here, but I'm not one who admires sunsets really or any of that stuff. I love to get out and ride, go hunting (take my gun on hikes on the mountain) and riding atvs and stuff but really it's the verb part that is where I have fun, in the action of doing things... Hell, I didn't surf almost since my 1st kid and he's gonna be 11 in january lol. I've dove since then spear fishing and lobster diving kinda stuff but I used to LOVE to surf, I cut school to herb out and go surf lol. now, I mostly chill with friends and bbq when at the beach... which I can do at home... so really like I said, unless ur IN the water, it's as good as looking up at the sky wondering if aliens are real LOL
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy