Rick, instead of proving your car hasnt got a hatchback, prove it has a trunk
Quote 0 0
H-O-Alts-Rick
ok
click here
Main Entry: trunk
Pronunciation: 'tr&[ng]k
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English trunke Anglo-French trunc, trunke, from Latin truncus trunk, torso
1 a : the main stem of a tree apart from limbs and roots -- called also bole b (1) : the human or animal body apart from the head and appendages : TORSO (2) : the thorax of an insect c : the central part of anything; specifically : the shaft of a column or pilaster
2 a (1) : a large rigid piece of luggage used usually for transporting clothing and personal effects (2) : the luggage compartment of an automobile b (1) : a superstructure over a ship's hatches usually level with the poop deck (2) : the part of the cabin of a boat projecting above the deck (3) : the housing for a centerboard or rudder

See also
"The trunk or boot of an automobile or car is the vehicle's main storage or luggage compartment. "

GM also called it a trunk
from gm website " the history of Corvettes" "A duck tail rear end offered more trunk space"
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Ive already seen that laughable explanation. In theory, every car ever made, with space for carrying anything, is a trunk car.

How about finding a true automotive explanation, not a school level dictionary explantion that has more imagination than an average Disney film.
Quote 0 0
H-O-Alts-Rick
The only automotive dictionary I can find online
AutoGlossary.com
trunk A storage compartment at the rear of most passenger cars.
Beside GM calls it a trunk
Quote 0 0
Mike Fallon
Its not a hatchback or a trunk.

It is a rear compartment.
The panel covering the area is called the rear deck, not hatch or trunkiid.

When you go to buy parts for the car you are buying parts for the rear compartment not the trunk.

http://www.ecklers.com/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=213&level=1&showall=yes

Do a search for your year car and trunk and see what comes up.
Quote 0 0
H-O-Alts-Rick
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bump:
Ive already seen that laughable explanation. In theory, every car ever made, with space for carrying anything, is a trunk car.

How about finding a true automotive explanation, not a school level dictionary explantion that has more imagination than an average Disney film.
The term trunk only applies to the main cargo area. Mine has a storage area and certainly is not a hatchback.

If mine isn't a trunk, then what is it?
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
But it is a hatchback.

Without an opening.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Its whatever the judges say it is. Unless otherwise instructed by wayne, I would judge this car as a hatchback.
Quote 0 0
H-O-Alts-Rick
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bump:
But it is a hatchback.

Without an opening.
Main Entry: hatch
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Rick, remove your brain for a minute.

Hatchbacks look identical to your car, trunk cars do not.

Ipso facto, your car is a hatchback, without an opening.

Subject closed, I win, end of.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy