gotlowbass
I have 3 stroker 18's D4's and I'm trying to find out the best way to run them in a 97 yukon. I have all the cargo area to use and I must keep my second row of seating. I can have a either a 20cu/ft ported enclosure tuned to 37 hz with 225sq/in of port area or I could use the whole 30 cubes of cargo area to try to build a 4th order wall type enclosure.This will be a ground pounder with the exception of a few local SPL competitions. All opinions will be taken into consideration.
Quote 0 0
kimboslice2
i would use two 8 cubes each then tune to your 37hz those drivers don't need alot of power to get loud subs up portback
Quote 0 0
HACKMUNCH
4th order in not gonna work with those low qts drivers at all. i had stroker 18 back in the glory days. biggest box you can make ported to 34hz @ 12" port per cft.
Quote 0 0
gotlowbass
@kimbo thanks; you think the 2 would be louder than 3? And @Hackmunch thanks; I always heard 75 sq/in per 18", I may have to try what you posted though.
Quote 0 0
Durando
yes 2 would be louder than 3 under certain circumstances,
1. what amplifiers and how many?
2. what resistance on will be used?
3. what batteries?
4. for daily, subs up and port back sounds better
5. which also can be tuned for your local comps and post good number.

Saw 1 -18 with old Alpine 3544 2channel do 152's back in 98! hope this helps!
Quote 0 0
gotlowbass
Amplifier Hifonics Cyclops @ .67 ohm, 4 UPS batteries (C&D Battery 12V 33AH-Aka UPS12-150MR) 2 runs of 0awg wire. That's about it
Quote 0 0
Durando
Cyclops does 4000wrms @ 1ohm.. so basically you have enough to power up the three!
1. Go 20cu ported..
2. subs and ports front..
3. 3 subs, if you can fit three with port on face of box
4. also try porting a little higher than 37hz, the strokers play really close to tuning, has very high roll of response, in other words from 35hz down will have a low drop dropoff and from 37hz to 42 will be good but after that it wont be strong, so rather tune alittle higher so you get good strong bass from 42hz to 50hz!
hopes this helps buddy!
Quote 0 0
gotlowbass
thanks Durando
Quote 0 0
Cerwin Vega Fan
If you need any ideas on box designs like the triangle ports alot of the competitors from back in the day was using like Brantley Waites and Jay Lovelace, go to cerwin-vega-fans.com.Those guys over there help me alot with enclosure designs.With you being in Greenville,I'm sure we will eventually bump into each other.I will definitely be at the Animated Attractions Annual Show at the Pitt County Fairgrounds this year
Quote 0 0
Durando
How the progress going?
did you use 2 or 3 CV's?
any pics
Quote 0 0
gotlowbass
Not good, truck deal fell through. Need 2 recones due to testing, messed up the suspension and they're popping & the third woofer has coil rub. Back to 2 in the rear deck of the 92 Accord coupe and maybe look into walling it off at 30hz
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy