audioarsonal
My current box is a clam shell similar to Frankie Rio's with approx. 28cuft of box space with around 150sqin of port. My tuning is in the mid 20's with a peak at 34hz. I am running 4 15's.
When playing it feels as if air is being pulled into the box rather then pushed out.What can I do to try and get the pressure out of the box and into the cabin?
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
reverse phase
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
Rob I tried that already.
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
by the switch, or switching RCA's, or by switching + and -
Quote 0 0
AudioXtremes
Cut the front out and do a 4th order. Or more port.
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
I tried the switch on my deck and re wiring the subs at the box terminals.
I was thinking about shrinking the rear chamber down some. As it sits now the box volume is almost the same size as my cabin.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
open the port up slightly and use pvc for roundovers
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by 18inchjeepin:
reverse phase
were you serious?
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
Well my port was the entire length across but I couldn't play it long cause the subs would unload and start to smell. So I shrank it down some and my note went down but output stayed the same and I could play music no problem rvrn windows down. I was thinking of making the rear chamber smaller so there is less volume compared to the cabin. Maybe that will help. I may end up opening the port a little more but I would hate to do that at this point.
Quote 0 0
B_runz
There is nothing wrong with air being sucked into the port. If i'm not mistaken steve cook's astro actually sucks air into the box and we all know what it did. I also built a 4th order bandpass that sucked air into it and it was surprisingly efficient.
Quote 0 0
PHILESTER
Shrink the box??? Then again I know very little about clams...

On the other hand WHO CARES what it does as long as its loud!
Quote 0 0
audioarsonal
As it sets the setup is loud but just throwing out ideas here. Thanks for the tips guys keep em coming
Quote 0 0
SLAB
rip it all out and build for 6 subs?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy