pr-festiva
Im useing 3/4" mdf right now, could i expect a small gain from switching to Birch plywood?,,or maybe aluminium plate?.
Quote 0 0
WattsInaName
Yes and yes. Might change your res freq though?
Quote 0 0
pr-festiva
what is a typical gain from mdf to birch? just ballparking.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by pr-festiva:
what is a typical gain from mdf to birch? just ballparking.
I remember Peter A from Europe saying that he got a db from going from mdf to birch with the same exact spec enclosure. If I can find the post I'll link it here.
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Here you go, a good thread for you: http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/8/27609.html
Quote 0 0
pr-festiva
thanks guys for the info,,what do you think about 1" aluminium plate as a material? cast 6061.It would have to be stronger and smoother then either one of the woods.
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
steel should gain you quite a bit. i was going to build a steel street c box for my explorer once upon a time.
Quote 0 0
pr-festiva
if i went with steel i would have to find some one to cut it.We have the saws to cut up to 8" aluminium where i work.and i was thinking could the steel of the box mess with the motors flux field?
Quote 0 0
Pulse Car Audio
every car on our competition team has birch boxes. We originally did mdf boxes until we got the "sweet setup" then rebuilt that exact box with birch, every setup went up in spl. the lowest was a .8dB increase, the largest increase was 1.7dB and when we resin coated those boxes they went up again, the lowest increase being .4dB the largest being .9dB.

Quote 0 0
sundownz
Maybe I should try my dual 8s box in birch then
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy