Racerkid15 Show full post »
eric21
Yeah the wood for the slot should be 34.5" x 16" so it can fit on the inside of the box (thats why I say 34.5" and not 36"

this is a side view

40" Top
|
|_______________________

Hope that helps
Quote 0 0
eric21
my little drawing is getting screwy, the stuff inside the box drawing should shift the right so it forms a box with an opening in the lower right corner
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
Lol I'm gonna get a picture or video real quick of how the box is looking the drawing just confused me xD the port is like in the middle gimmie a sec for the vid I'm gonna see what I can work with real quick lol sorry for being so complicated newbies ftl.

Brb in like 15 mins with that vid k.
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
Ok video uploaded of what the box looks like -in cardboard form since my car isn't at my aunts with me . http://www.youtube.com/Racerkid15

That's how the box looks port opening 36 or 34.5" width and 7.5" height and the board inside will be 16" long so the air doesn't just shoot out the hole opening it gets directed out.
Quote 0 0
eric21
Bingo! You got it right, let us know how it sounds.
That box sound give you a headache haha
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
Awesome thanks man I'm going to go ahead and cut the hole opening 7" height then cut another board 16" long to go inside then put the top panel on and drill in the subs thanks so much man I really owe ya one. but I had 1 more question lol.

How do / did you figure out the port is tuned to 50 hrtz by those dimensions? what's the formula xD? the formula to figuring it out is probably more of a headache then I'll get building it hah.
Quote 0 0
eric21
I use this website http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31
at the bottom you enter type of port/volume of box/frequency,port dimensions its cool to mess with.

With that port area and length, I came up with 42 hertz and you car will peak 5-7 hertz higher usually. So you'll probaby peak around 50hz

If the box tuning is too low you can cut some of the length(16") off the port to raise the frequency
Quote 0 0
Wanna-B-Basshead
its best to post things like this in bass race, people go there quite frequently and should be able to help you with designs and ideas faster... just my thoughts......
Quote 0 0
Racerkid15
K I'll remember that for my next issue thanks.

I'm sure I'll have.. MANY more issues in the future on other builds with a build.. comes a problem.. with a problem.. comes 2 more problems lol.

Oh well thanks guys for all the help can't wait to get the new amps then put all 4 15's in this box and get new vids out thanks pce.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy