2doorcavy
Anyone know anything about this company? heard these speakers before? i know they're a tad ridiculous on price. but other then that.. anyone have actual first hand experiance with them?
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
Still no takers? lol hmm. anyway anyone may be able to point me maybe in the right direction on who to talk too?
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
I have installed them a few times, and listened to them even more.

What exactly do you want to know about them?

You are reffering to Brax Matrix, right?
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
Correct. the Brax Matrix M3CPP's .. i just wanted to know if anyone knew of these speakers.. and how they sounded.

I picked them up for next to nothing .. They where in a van .. they had been installed by a previous shop. the owner traded the van in for another car.. and didnt want any of the audio in it.. so the dealership took it to the place i worked at and told us to rip everything out and return it to factory.

i spoke to the owner of the shop that had put them in and he told me

" Junk. Worst line I ever picked up. $200 focal access belittle these terds. No joke."

I have just the 6 1/2s hooked up right now with no cross over.. and i think they sound great.

I personally think for whats hooked up so far sounds awesome.. i just wanted to get someones opinon ( like yourself SoundCustoms) of how they sound.. and if they really are "junk"

I just wanted to get an opinion from someone who's had more experiance with them and has installed more than one pair. and just through them in.
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
They are far from junk.

Installed properly they will hang in with the Focal Utopia (3way). We tested them one on one when they both first appeared. The setup was full active, no crossovers used.

Utopia had better midrange, and an advantage having a cone versus the dome midrange in the Matrix set.

Brax had a much better midbass.

In the tweeter section, we expected the Beryllium to shine. And it id. Too much. And after a few hours of testing and setting we found out that it's the tweeter that makes Utopia the kind of setup you will want to tune every time you change your song. Not really what I was looking for...

Overall we liked the Matrix set more, but I still think the Focal Utopia midrange was better.

Brax Matrix - good overall sound quality, very good build construction and a good performer even with a bit of power on them. Since then I found at least 1-2 sets than can match or get even better in this section and SQ whise, but still, Brax Matrix remains a good choice in a certain budget.

If you got them cheap, keep them for a while. You might like them even more.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
Thats awesome! im glad to be reading this. Now you said you didnt use a cross over at first.. im not so much into SQ as much as i am SPL so is this a fair way to test these speakers out?

Also did you listen to them with crossovers?

And i most definitley will be keeping these speakers for a very long time

I really appreciate the feedback!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy