Face_of_fear89 Show full post »
Fredrik Lindberg
Quote:
Originally posted by Face_of_fear89:
I really don't know where to even start on a box design to be completely honest. I was thinking of trying to 6inch aeros, but I don't know if that would be to much port. I'd just use it for a SPL only box of course.
That SA-8 doing 150 would be Jacob@Sundown if i
Quote 0 0
Face_of_fear89
There was a dude other than jacob from sundown that ive been told of tho, but i do remeber him doing amazing numbers with 1.
Quote 0 0
Face_of_fear89
I am trying 2-3 different box ideas. I have a few that I am going to test, but I am still waiting for the new crescendo BC5500 to come out before I do anything really.

Just trying to get some feedback and some more ideas on what else to try.
Quote 0 0
Face_of_fear89
Alright well I am going to do a 6th order build to start with. I have the design all drawn up and ready to use. Ill Post Pics when I start in the next week or 2.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Quote:
Originally posted by Face_of_fear89:
There was a dude other than jacob from sundown that ive been told of tho, but i do remeber him doing amazing numbers with 1.
The other guy doing a 150+db with a sa-8 is close freinds with Jacob and yes it is in a crx and I belive it was 151db in the kick I have seen the car in person and it is impressive!
Quote 0 0
tekk45
What note does your car play? Try 1 cube box with a 2x13" port(slot)around 40" long. Sub back/port back or port to the drivers side. Or you can use a 6" port for easy tuning.
Quote 0 0
Face_of_fear89
My cars rez freq is 47-48 hz. I've usually tuned my boxes to roughly 42-44hz. I am gonna try doing a 50hz tuning just to see how it does with my new electrical.
Quote 0 0
stang em
I think that if you look at thorshammers setup and score youd see that the db level that u want to achieve aint a cake walk to get to. Trunk or not. If it were me I'd fire my sub and port into the car like thorshammer. Seal the box off and play with the tuning. You just gotta try different things and find what works for you and your ears.
Quote 0 0
Face_of_fear89
Thor even admitted that he never broke 150 with a single other than random hits during testing. I think I am aiming at a shot in the dark here with trying to get to what I want. I am most likely going to recone the sub at a 15 or an 18 since it should help alot with getting to the numbers I want. More cone space always helps.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
more cone area USUALLY helps
Quote 0 0
Face_of_fear89
Well since noone really has had any interest in my 3kw for sale or trade I guess im stuck with it, so more cone area will help alot in my case over what I have now.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy