Boilermaker-744 Show full post »
Boilermaker-744
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
You can get polycarb lexan that is UV & Scratch resistant. There's a place here in columbus that can probably get it, called Clear One. I used to order it from San Diego Plastics as well. Anything thicker than half inch, and the price starts climbing quick.
Thanks, I'll look into it...
Quote 0 0
n8skow
I doubt a Lexan (polycarb) windshield is DOT street legal, and you'll be replacing it every 2-3 years - scratches waaaay easier than glass.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
Quote:
Originally posted by Boilermaker-744:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sinister-David:
not just anyone can buy a bullet proof windshield i think u have to go thru a bunch of crap to buy one
Thats fine too, any info??? Where, who do I contact?
i would video a test and watch as much as the truck as possible and get friends to watch it close i get u have something flexing to much and pinching the glass do u have a picture of the glass once it has broken in the truck it should about tell u where its coming from
Quote 0 0
sickmotowncustoms
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23753&catid=704 ive used this for a sunroof about 2 years ago and its still looks good but it is expensive
Quote 0 0
Boilermaker-744
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Boilermaker-744:
Quote:
quote:
not just anyone can buy a bullet proof windshield i think u have to go thru a bunch of crap to buy one
Thats fine too, any info??? Where, who do I contact?
i would video a test and watch as much as the truck as possible and get friends to watch it close i get u have something flexing to much and pinching the glass do u have a picture of the glass once it has broken in the truck it should about tell u where its coming from

Heres a few pics... I'm telling you, I got 44,000 watts, 4 18's, and did it to 2 windshields, one was a week old, looked the same... It didnt just crack, then shatter, it exploded... Lol... Thats the only way I can describe it... Thanks for the help
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
you could also consider changing enclosure designs so it doesnt load quite as specifically on the mid windshield.

Also I dont recall you had any reinforcements done to your TB infront of the B pillar correct?

I could be getting mixed up with another build but if you havent already done so Id definitely reinforce your roof in front of the B pillar.

Worst case scenario you keep breaking windshields and your score goes up.

Id try PMing some of the loud bassracers to see what their advice may be. Particularly DBdon and Clay (The A Team) username (The SPL Life)
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
Pm sent hope this helps.
Quote 0 0
team nemesis scott
Hey Guys i to am having the same dam issue with windshields..im on #6 and im doing them myself to save money and it ****ing sucks. I have a 94 full size Blazer with a bandpass doing a 160.1 db and the weird thing is...at 50 hz my and some people were thinking the breaking freq,of a windshield is around 49 to 50 hz??? lots of people louder and not breaking them...but they are at different freq??
Quote 0 0
Boilermaker-744
Quote:
Originally posted by Wagonized:
you could also consider changing enclosure designs so it doesnt load quite as specifically on the mid windshield.

Also I dont recall you had any reinforcements done to your TB infront of the B pillar correct?

I could be getting mixed up with another build but if you havent already done so Id definitely reinforce your roof in front of the B pillar.

Worst case scenario you keep breaking windshields and your score goes up.

Id try PMing some of the loud bassracers to see what their advice may be. Particularly DBdon and Clay (The A Team) username (The SPL Life)
Thanks... No I dont have anything done in front of the Bpillar... I want to try and wait til a last resort and stay in SS 3/4...
The enclosure is pretty permanant now... Lol...

Loud Tercel - I tried PMing you back, but your box is full... Thanks a ton, I'll try that for sure...
Quote 0 0
murilo
Ryan!

You could tune this box to burp around 60Hz and with a port plug get it down to 35Hz, best of both worlds.
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
Sorry boilermaker just noticed that my inbox is full. Please let me know how that works for you but please keep that between us thanks.
Quote 0 0
Boilermaker-744
Loud tercell, it is safe with me... My lips are sealed...

Murilo, thanks, but its tuned to 38 right now, and I still have the best of both worlds... It'll pull a 63/64 as long as the windshield holds... It'll do a 60+ on music...
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
No problem just hope it works pm me when you try it.
Quote 0 0
Boilermaker-744
Quote:
Originally posted by loud tercell:
No problem just hope it works pm me when you try it.
I will do that, for sure and let you know my results and numbers...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy