Exile son of Exodus
So what do you think about this reasonable "show me your ID and/or green card" thing? Is it fair or
all out BS? I think it will lead to bigger problems and more racist actions being leagally supported.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
I think its fair. We need to get the illegals out!
Quote 0 0
splsaab
If you lived here.You'd understand..
Quote 0 0
tprj82
living and working in the houston area i do understand i did not realize how bad it was until i moved here from philly a few yrs back, houstons population would double if they had to fill out the census, i have no problem you trying to get citizenship but most of them do not even try just make the money and send it back home, why do we have to pay taxes when they dont?
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
1. They don't pay taxes because dumbasses in OUR government won't let them, BUT they use the roads and whatnot like everyone else. Bull****, IMO. That is in no way shape or form the fault of the illegals, it is entirely our choice to not allow them to pay taxes. Give credit where it is due.

2. They are also required to fill out the census, and none of that information is shared with other government agencies, and information cannot be used against anyone in court, including for immigration purposes. The census forms are for just that... a census. They count people. It is not an immigration check form, or something else that one would expect from the Nazis under Hitler. Why do people assume these things? It's disheartening that people think so little of our country.

3. With regard to the thread topic, it is a bandaid. It is a clear violation of human rights. It is clearly unconstitutional, and I don't see it standing for long. Illegal immigration is a symptom of a problem, not a root cause of problems. Drug laws are the main problem. For anyone who can take their high-and-might head out of their ass for long enough to take a breath, they will realize it is entirely unethical to tell someone what they can and cannot put into their own body. Period. Take out the drug laws, you solve tons of problems. Gangs (and the many crimes associated with them), illegal immigration (from certain countries), and many other problems can be drastically reduced by eliminating anti-drug legislation.

It is sad that they have resorted to racism to try to bandage up other failings. Racism, especially that codified in law by the state, cannot possibly help to unify this country. That, in-and-of itself causes more problems. It perpetuates racism and drives a social wedge between people, citizens or not.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Well it's deeper than I thought. I would love to see becoming a citizen a lot harded than it is.

1) The test must be in english NOT the language you speak. Meaning you WILL have to learn english not we have to learn yours.

2) Little government assistance and limited medical assistance till you speak english and have passed the citizenship test.

3) A probation period during and after the process. Prove you should be allowed to come here.

4) Any crime no matter how minor will cause supension of the citizenship process.

We seen to get the rejects from mexico and a few other places. Alot of this is our on fault mostly greed. I had a situation were I trained a guy and after he learned what to do I found out he was getting less than half what I was and I got let go. This same jod did a check and found 7 employees with the same SS # WTF!
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
There are two sides to the citizenship challenges coin.

1. those that make it are more agreeable to us.

2. There are more people that won't pass. This is a common problem with many laws: They are made based on the assumption that they work. The truth is, unfortunately, if someone wants in, they'll get in, regardless of the law. We'll just be changing legal immigrants to illegal immigrants, and thus not getting the taxes as if they were legal. And this fact is often completely ignored, even though it is assumed true. (magic, I suppose, keeps them out if they don't pass?)

I kindof liked where Bush was going with the idea. Lower the bar a bit, letting them register for work (and thus pay taxes), but with restrictions. Crimes and whatnot warrant deportation, and a few other things. He preferred to mandate return to their country, though. I'd prefer it to be a work for citizenship kind of deal. That way they get taxes and less illegal activity involved with them. Overall, I think it would be better than the current system.

The only thing is that it would almost certainly drive down wages and put already-citizens out of work, or push them into a bottleneck of higher-position jobs because already-citizens usually won't work for low wages like those desperate will. Basically, our wages are inflated, and people would like to keep them that way. And people don't want to have to work to get the skills needed to be competitive. They want to not have to worry about Miguel coming in and taking away their job security. Work the same job for years, then suddenly threatened to work harder, for less, or to get an education for higher level job... I can't blame them at all for feeling threatened-- they are.

As far as the money going back to Mexico, that's a good thing IMO. The money going there is pumped into their market, driving up demand, which, in turn, drives up supply (manufacturing and all that jazz in mexico). Then, when their standard of living goes up, they'll stop needing/wanting to come over here. NAFTA was aimed at doing this, but I don't know how much it's helped. I'd love to see some stats on that.

[ 04-29-2010, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Iconoclast ]
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Send them to bootcamp for 6 weeks and ship them off to Iraq or wherever to fight for 3 years. If they make it out alive, then they are citizens, if not...oh well.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Quote:
Originally posted by Broken Silence - Johnny:
Send them to bootcamp for 6 weeks and ship them off to Iraq or wherever to fight for 3 years. If they make it out alive, then they are citizens, if not...oh well.
A little over the top but I like it
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
^^^ no that is not extreme at all, those bastards come to america and have no pride in it... they dont care about the sacrifices our forefathers have made to give us the rights we have as americans, they think they are owed the same while giving nothing to this country, i think everyone of them should go fight in americas wars to give them some damn pride, im with johnny 1000%
Quote 0 0
Tempe
Quote:
Originally posted by Exile son of Exodus:
Quote:
quote:
A little over the top but I like it
I like it too. Of course it's plastered all over the news here in AZ. There was a video of people protesting the new law. In the crowd was a guy waving a Mexican flag. Ummm... If you like Mexico so much why did you leave? Makes ya think
Quote 0 0
SPL2000
Quote:
+1000000
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy