casperskafs
So i'm trying to do some research on box building and i've seen alot of people say the bigger the box the better. Is that true? I wanna build 2 different ported boxes to put in a 91 civic hatchback (with back seats down of course). I'm building 2 diff boxes cause 1 is for a 12 and one is for a 15. I'm gonna build the box for the 15 a little bigger. I would love to run pvc ports if I can manage to do it. I've never attemped to build a box but I never learn anything until I do it myself just like I learned about hooking up car audio. If anyone has suggestions it would help alot. The subs are old school ground zeros that are kinda hard to explain cause they are old and kinda like custom. I have them on my youtube if you really wanna see um. Thanks

Jeremy
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Yes, a box can be too big for a given sub unless it is specifically designed to be used in an infinite baffle. For what you are doing sub up, port to drivers side is a good start(mic on the dash), or sub back port up. Start with 2 cubes for the 12 and 4 for the 15. shrink and retune as needed to get the loudest possible box volume/port length combination for SPL or just tune it till it sounds the way you want it to for daily street beating.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
depends what ur going for and the power ur running. i have a enclosure for a 15" that is only 2.5cf gross with a external power. its loud but not good daily. a larger enclosure will lower ur power handling but make ur amp more eff by lowering the impedence rise.

what you building for comp, daily?
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Thanks for the responces. I'm building for competition. I haven't decided what amps to run because I need 2 of them and amps are expensive but I don't want cheap amps cause I will just be disapointed in the long run. I have to run 2 amps because of diff ohms on the subs and also the 12 is DVC and the 15 is SVC. Weird I know. The amp for the 12 will be round 1000 to 1200 watts and the 15 will be a 2000 to 3000 watt amp.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
oh ur planning on running them at the same time? dont do it! 1 or the other
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Why not both on 2 diff amps
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy