Team CANUSA loud - Jason
ok here is what i want to do
i want to use blue LEDs so that when i flip my toggle switch they turn on showing that ihave power going to the diff points of my system(neon,bass amps,high amp,)could you tell me all i need and what i have to do to do this
thanks
Quote 0 0
Viper007
Ok ... well all you have to do is tap off the voltage source, put a resistor in series with your diode and that's it.

Lets say you wanted to have a little LED display the status of a fuse. The LED is ON when the fuse is good, and the LED is OFF when the fuse has blown.

The circuit diagram would look like this:

[code][/code]
Quote 0 0
Team BIO-Rick
Another thing, if you are using the same LED's that I used (6 Volt) then you will need a 680 Ohm Resistor to drop the 12 Volts down.
Quote 0 0
Bass_Mechanic
i did somthing similar to this on my dash or my truck, but i splet out the word bass with led's. evrey time the bass hit, depending on how hard it would hit, the light lit up starting from the b and so on, it looked amazing, it was basicle a wattage metter with a few lil personal tweaks. as for your question, u need to get a resistor to put infron of the led so that it dont blow. just get a 6v resistor, u might need to test a few diffrent resistors till u find the right ohm to protect ur led. hope this helps.

Chris
Quote 0 0
Team CANUSA loud - Jason
cant i use 12v LEDs?
Quote 0 0
Bass_Mechanic
if you can find 12v led, yeah, go ahead and use them. and if u can fuse them with line a .5amp fuse, do that aswell just to be on the safe side

Chris
Quote 0 0
Team CANUSA loud - Jason
ok here is what i got will this work and how?
5mm blue LED,5volt,30mA,300mcd.....
560-OHM Resistors,
Quote 0 0
Bass_Mechanic
ok, lets start from the led's. take a resistor and hook it up in series to the +wire on the led. now, run a wire from the acc wire on the toggle switch to the +wire on your led. and just hook up a ground wire to any ground wire u can find. ill try to make a diagram to help you.

led
+ ===(resistor)======(acc wire from togle)
- ====(ground wire to any good ground)==

hope this helps, and if not, ask your questions away, iam here to help

Chris
Quote 0 0
Team CANUSA loud - Jason
i got it on right now in front of me to test to make sure it wont blow
now if i put it in the acc of the toggle can i still hook up another wire on the acc to run my amp remote off of it or my neon 2?
Quote 0 0
Bass_Mechanic
yes, you can do that, the led dosent pull much amprage, so it should be fine. ive done this many times, and have never hade a problem.

Chris
Quote 0 0
over kill
I want the same kinda thing but I want my LED's to turn off if one of my fuses blow so I hope this helps check it out.

LED link
Quote 0 0
Team CANUSA loud - Jason
thanks to all of you for your help i was up till 3am but i got them done and they work great
agian thank you ,jason
Quote 0 0
Goodspeed98
i did somthing similar to this on my dash or my truck, but i splet out the word bass with led's. evrey time the bass hit, depending on how hard it would hit, the light lit up starting from the b and so on, it looked amazing, it was basicle a wattage metter with a few lil personal tweaks. as for your question, u need to get a resistor to put infron of the led so that it dont blow. just get a 6v resistor, u might need to test a few diffrent resistors till u find the right ohm to protect ur led. hope this helps.but you can go http://www.ledlightsworld.com there would be some nice staff may helpful on led lights
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy