Double D
Any tips or suggestions what to use, I can't keep the dustcaps on my TRF's if my life depended on it... I'm about to put my foot through the cones on them
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
stronger glue, I heard on MT's they used to drill holes in the caps
Quote 0 0
Double D
Quote:
Originally posted by 18inchjeepin:
stronger glue, I heard on MT's they used to drill holes in the caps
Any recommendations on what glue to use? It has become so annoying I'm have tempted to just pull them and try a different woofer.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
what kind of glue have you been using?
Quote 0 0
Mike Fallon
change the box?
Quote 0 0
Double D
Just average black silicon is what I've been using... I'd really hate to change this wall in my camaro because of this issue, my dd 9500s never had this issue..
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
use the stuff from fixmyspeaker.com
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
I used to have the same problem with my MTs and I changed over and started using E6000 and have not had another one come off since!
Quote 0 0
Gary F.
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
I used to have the same problem with my MTs and I changed over and started using E6000 and have not had another one come off since!
X2 This stuff works!
Quote 0 0
tommyk90
Scottie J told me to use goop a long time ago. Works freaking great.

5 minute epoxy works well too.

The general use stuff in the blue tube, not the automotive.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
e6000/GOOP is the sh!t dont use silicone,ca or epoxy. its because of the closed pole.

dont drill holes in ur dustcap it will greatly reduce ur thermal powerhandling...
Quote 0 0
Ber
I used to use Fletch Tite to keep dust-caps on my 12" XTR2 and 12" CV car audio subs + the 12 & 15" JBL & E-V monitor drivers when I was running pro / stage sound.

I can see how Shoe Goo / Goop would work really well too.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
dont forget to scuff sand the flat of the cap that touches the cone with 80-50grit....
Quote 0 0
nothingtooloud
household goop holds them on my trf's
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy