addictivewoodworker
I currently have an mtx 7801, a mtx 7804, 2 12" audiobahn eternals hooked up. the box is 4.20 cu.ft. tuned to 34 hz. Stock alternator, yellow top battery. I have 1/0 gauge running from the battery to a distributor block and the amps hooked up with 4 gauge. negatives are 4 gauge running to a distributor block, that is wired to a 1/0 gauge thats grounded to the car. I have 1/0 gauge running from the negative on the battery to the frame. I have a 4 gauge wired from the alternator to the battery. Anyways I had a hifonics 1600 watts amp hooked up no problems, ever since I hooked up the mtx amps, problems. I was running the system for about an hour ( deck on 22 out of 33 volume, and the amps set at 1/4 on the gains)and the 7801 cut out. I turned off the radio for about 10 minutes, turned it back on and things were good, except I noticed my temp gauge on the car slowing climbing. Turned off the radio and it went back down slowly. Can anyone help with this problem????
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
the temp gauge on the car shouldn't have anything to do with the audio
Quote 0 0
addictivewoodworker
Yea pretty weird. I though so to...I have a 2004 grand am. I never had this problem until I installed the 4 gauge wire from the alternator to the battery... The wire just might have to come out.
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Maybe the alternator is weak and the engine cooling fans are running slow, when you are running your system hard, as battery voltage falls off?
Quote 0 0
screechie
Quote:
Originally posted by TeamSubGoPoof:
the temp gauge on the car shouldn't have anything to do with the audio
Only unless the alternator belt is excessively loose which will have effect on the cooling fan that is if the cooling fan is engine operated.
Quote 0 0
addictivewoodworker
I'm going to investigate this mourning, I'm going to look at every little detail of the setup and post the results and if anyone can tell me how to post pictures on here, I'll post pictures of the setup...
Quote 0 0
addictivewoodworker
So far what I found was the ground wasn't the greatest, maybe nothing to do with it, but you all know you need a strong ground. What I think was the culprit was my alternator has a power wire running from the alternator to a big fuse box, which in turn runs to the battery. I had the 4 gauge and the red wire hooked up. for now I unhooked the 4 gauge and just have the stock wire powering the alternator. I might have to do either the 4 gauge straight to the battery bypassing the fuse block it's hooked up to or keep the normal alternator hookup... I would rather run the 4 gauge from the alternator straight to the battery...any advice on if I bypass the fuse box and go straight to the battery????
Quote 0 0
addictivewoodworker
Ok update. after chasing around for awhile, I found it was a blown fuse. Was it related, probably not, but everything is good now. Once I figure how to post pictures I'll put some up for you guys to see.
Quote 0 0
screechie
Go to http://www.photobucket.com sign up for a free account up load your pictures copy and paste url for pictures in your post.
Quote 0 0
Snowman77
i remember my cavalier haven an issue like that with the gm design. i ran my straight to battery and never had issue again and gained a few tenths in db too. always have a good ground as well.
Quote 0 0
tam85
overheating can be caused by anything that decreases the cooling system. if your cooling fans fail try to check the fan motor wiring connections, fan relay and temperature sensor.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy