Shedluv Show full post »
SLAB
terry take your rulebook to finals next year.

i too think that all 3X events should be just like finals in the act that a judge needs to take the time with a competitor and look at every aspect of the install, from the interior to how high the box is to voltage, conductor rules..... all of it.

remember im still pretty new to drag, but i hear a story every year about the "big new rule" that just popped up AT finals.

i know it will take longer for a 3x event to take place if judges take the extra steps to deem a car "legal" or not, but how much extra money is someone paying for a 3x VS a 1x or 2x? quite a bit.
im sure we would all like to know in may or june that the install that we spend all our time and money on maxing out isnt just for nothing because of some stupid mistake that should be pointed out much earlier in the year.

ill step off my soapbox now,
SLAB
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
What about judges who open up a car at finals while the owner isnt there, or any representative from the team...What should be done about that?
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Quote:
Originally posted by SLAB:
i too think that all 3X events should be just like finals in the act that a judge needs to take the time with a competitor and look at every aspect of the install, from the interior to how high the box is to voltage, conductor rules..... all of it.

ill step off my soapbox now,
SLAB
Are you telling me they dont?

Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Quote:
Originally posted by Broken Silence - Johnny:
What about judges who open up a car at finals while the owner isnt there, or any representative from the team...What should be done about that?
Everyone should be given a time to be judged, ie Street 10:00 to 10:30, Max 10:30 to 11:00, as an example.

If your not there when its done, then it gets judged with out you.

Its the onus of the drivers to be with there cars when they are judged, not the judges to run around after competitors.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Bump:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Silence - Johnny:
Everyone should be given a time to be judged, ie Street 10:00 to 10:30, Max 10:30 to 11:00, as an example.

If your not there when its done, then it gets judged with out you.

Its the onus of the drivers to be with there cars when they are judged, not the judges to run around after competitors.
The act I am speaking of had taken place after the vehicle had already been judged and passed. The judges moved on to the next vehicle, competitor left area, I just happened to walk by and saw a judge inside of the vehicle. I had a few choice words for them and then told them to get out and shut the vehicle.
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Ah, ok Johnny.
Quote 0 0
Miguel A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Shedluv:
The two things that come to mind immediately are box height and the alternator rule. I can think of several people over the past 3 years at finals that have had an issue with box height in the street cars. I am sure that the extra 1/4" does not make a difference in score, however these were vehicles that were American cars and judged by American judges all year long to be legal, even when asked to "check it closely" then to be told to change or move at finals. A classic example is Miguel this year, he has the same box in there from SBN that he asked David to verify carefully. I saw the box and it was close, but still appeared to be under. Same thing with Kevin Koller, he has ran the same box height for 2 years in the Explorer and was told it was too tall this year (by 1mm). These are simple things that we can correct easily if notified.

How many years have people ran 2 alts, 1 12V and 1 16V in superstreet? Again this is something that is easy for us to fix, if we know.

I don't think anyone can tell me that the first time that any of the judging committee thought of the 12V/16V alt issue was at finals, but it was the first time that it mentioned to most competitors.

As stated by Mr. Bump, if the same style committee does the same thing at Euro finals that it does at US finals, then I guess it doesn't matter it will always be an issue. It was just a thought to try to make finals less stressful for some competitors.
thanx Matt I will run the same box again this yr and see what any judge tells me that it is not legal the max hieght to a blazer is 16in and my box sits at 15 I saw how they measured the window line after they did a string test and they went below my window line and then said that it was illegal,funny cause I always thought u had to be the same height to be even and not below. I asked the Judges at the time they Judge my car if thier is a blazer in Europe and they said the Xterra but thier is a big difference between cars like night and day thats just like comparing a Toyota to a Nissan big difference I agree with Matt thier should be a group of judges that r responsible at a multipoint event to make that decision and not wait till WF that is just not being fair at all not to me and anybody else to that matter all that time and effort just went down the drain for nuttin cause they had not seen a Blazer in street class all yr till they came to Finals...
Quote 0 0
H-O-Alts-Rick
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Riley:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by H-O-Alts-Rick:
It could even be done by one judge observing the rest, this person would then be head judge at finals. I VOTE FOR BOBBY!!!

Does that mean you would accept the nomination?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy