pimpin at my house
i just picked up the line and have a install for 2 vmax 10.4s. looked up what they wanted for a enclosure. the say .75cf with 1 4" port 20" long tuned to 33hz,lol. just by guessing i know that is in the high 40hz tunning.

just gonna do 1 3" aero port per sub tuned to 35hz...
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Let us know how it turns out & sounds.

BTW, props for being a CV Dealer. Doesn't seem to be enough these days.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
i will let you know how it sounds and how the pair of 10s like a db drive 2000.1. i will get some pix, it for a bud and will take some time to do because i am soo booked he is the one waiting...
Quote 0 0
winslow
Those new Vegas leave a little to be desired...well, actually a lot to be desired. They aren't the same as they used to be, that's for sure.
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by winslow:
Those new Vegas leave a little to be desired...well, actually a lot to be desired.
Well, at least not in SPL:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/8/t/025431.html
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
winslow; what the sq not as good? elaborate please...
Quote 0 0
winslow
They suck in output. The 2 times customers have brought them in after getting wrangled into them at another shop...they've wanted to get rid of them fast. The 12s hit as about as hard as most people's 10s. That is based on us building both of the boxes and doing both installs.

I'm sorry, all things Cerwin Vega are not great...especially after the buy out. They as a company went way downhill.
Quote 0 0
Bassphobia
Their new Stroker line still kicks ass though.
Quote 0 0
winslow
Too bad it is whored out all over the net worse than Audiobahn was.
Quote 0 0
pimpin at my house
ok cool that is what i want to hear, dont ever hold back in one of my posts!

i will give ya my oppion as soon as i get them in and if they suck there is no problem blowing them with a db 2000.1 on 15.1 volts. my friend likes to slam it hard too. i dont see these subs lasting too long anyway because what was in there was 2 2000.1s and 2 15" wd's and now dropping down he will never be happy with the vol knob,lol...
Quote 0 0
AZ_SS
Huh... I had pretty decent results from the Vmaxs that I worked with? although, I didn't bother with Cerwins suggested boxes.
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by winslow:
I'm sorry, all things Cerwin Vega are not great...especially after the buy out. They as a company went way downhill.
They are coming back now with the New Stroker & Stroker Pro.

BTW, The VEGA series was the last line (that I am aware) before the buy out by The Stanton Group in early 2000's.
Quote 0 0
RFVega115
Quote:
Originally posted by Bassphobia:
Their new Stroker line still kicks ass though.
x2!

Review of Stroker Pro 15" by Car Audio & Electronics

http://caraudiomag.com/testreports/0510cae_cvstroker/

Review of New Stroker 12"

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177837&page=2&highlight=stroker
(End of page. Post by RFCV/me)
Quote 0 0
Sami S
10" vmax in small closed box works very well for sq. Best sub for that money.
Quote 0 0
bighen
I really like my new Strokers, they can take a beating and get pretty loud. I did a 156.3 with them in Street C last weekend and 152.9 Bass Race. But I blew all 4 woofers with 2 seconds remaining in Bass Race. Too much distorted power, too little battery power and me at the volume knob is not a good combination
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy