Nevadaguy
Hi,
Quick question for you all. I currently have 2 10" kicker comp vx (4 ohm) on a mrp-m2000. They are set up for a 4 ohm load on the amp, so the max they are getting is 750 watts a piece. They are in a vented enclosure in a closed trunk (civic del sol). Originally I was getting 138.4 db at the dash, but discovered a way to open up some room to push more air into the cab along the sides of the partition between the trunk and cab. The new spl level (on a term lab) is 142.1 db. I have recently purchased (they are not here yet) two DC audio Level 4 10" subs (2 ohm dvc). I am going to configure them to put a 2 ohm load on the amp which at max will provide each sub with 1000 watts rms. What kind of increase in SPL should I see, if any? I won't be able to get to a meter anytime soon, so I am just curious. Any thoughts??
Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
it most cases you could see anywhere from 1 to 1.5db how ever you could also loose db's due to the box. every sub has a specific size and style of box the will give the subs the most SPL output keep this in mind if you do not see a gain you may have to build a new box to see a gain. good luck and keep us posted!
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
Thanks for the info. I do have another question. I will post some pics later. Right now the subs are firing up as well as the vent. The box is about the size of my trunk. With this new custom box I went from 130.6 to 138.4 before I opened up some room to vent into the cab. As for other specs, I have an optima 51 battery and a 170 amp alternator -- I can't seem to find one that is wound tighter for my vehicle. So, my question is, what are some intermediate things I can do to get the spl up there a bit with my current set up? I've seen similar systems and some of those people are doing 147-148 db. All I'd like to do is start out in the Stock Street B class so I'd like to get up in that range with what I have. I also don't have alot of money to do fabrication. Do you have any thoughts?
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
what car is this installed in?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
are Lvl-4 subs legal for streetstock?
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
It is a 1995 Honda Civic del Sol. I called Rusty over at DC Audio for clarification, but they are at lunch. I will find out and post, unless someone else knows?
Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
Well,
I talked to Doug (west coast multi-point Judge) and he said because of the price of the retail price of the subwoofer that it is not legal for street stock -- oh well. Which brings me back to the point, and clues for upping the spl in that car with what I have?
I guess one good thing is that I can bass race with it.
Thanks!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I can tell you from experience that the lvl-4 10"s are a pretty sweet sub.
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
One of the things that is causing me a problem is the lack of motor force on the kickers. When I roll the windows up I lose about 5 db. Considering you have experience with L4's, do you think they will have enough motor force to take care of that problem?
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
Nice sub to use for streetstock is Ab xfl series sub and is legal for streetstock.

http://www.Americanbassusa.com
Quote 0 0
Nevadaguy
Bump
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy