casperskafs
Clamped my amp in my daily driver.

Hifonics Thor 3000 Watt Amp
1. 15 Inch Rare Old School Ground Zero Sub.
6 Ohm SVC

DMM: Volts AC 077 + and - Speaker Leads
Clamp: Amps 5.02 + Speaker Lead Only

Took 77x5.02 = 386 Watts @ 6 ohms

Burped @ 57hz

Running a single 6 ohm sub. I know its weird. Anyway if I divide them I get 15 Ohms on box rise
Is this correct? Or did I do it wrong cause thats a crazy box rise.
Quote 0 0
Alemuthafukinjandro
Sounds about right. That would be 2.5 times box rise. If you were running a 1 ohm sub with that box rise you would end up at 2.5 ohms.
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Quote:
Originally posted by Alemuthafukinjandro:
Sounds about right. That would be 2.5 times box rise. If you were running a 1 ohm sub with that box rise you would end up at 2.5 ohms.
Completely correct
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Thats crazy!!! Any tips on reducing box rise?

My box is tuned to 47hz if I remember right. For some reason i can't remember right now. I use 1 6 inch aero. Nothing special about the box. No 45's or anything. Just kind of something I threw together. I face forward half as* sealed off from the trunk.

Thanks for the response guys
Quote 0 0
bland1
Are you happy with the way it sounds? If it's loud enough, who cares how much actual power it is making. If you are looking for more get a different sub that you can wire lower. Starting at 6 ohms your already limiting your power. As you make more power, your rise will be less.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
this is why I've always liked running my amps at half their rated impedance, assuming they don't just stay in protect

minimum impedance rise I've seen is about 1.5x
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by bland1:
Are you happy with the way it sounds? If it's loud enough, who cares how much actual power it is making. If you are looking for more get a different sub that you can wire lower. Starting at 6 ohms your already limiting your power. As you make more power, your rise will be less.
I kinda just ask for future references. I compete with my daily driver for a points chaser. I'm always changing what equipment is in it. Since i'm always changing boxes and subs I just wondered if there were any tips on reducing box rise for future builds. Kinda just using the equipment above for an example. Also I just started clamping so I don't know much about box rise. Always looking to improve.
Quote 0 0
bland1
Box rise is a tricky subject. There's no actual proven changes to be made that will reduce it, or make it rise more. Only way is to test, and see what's happening.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I heard yesterday from someone I trust very well (jeff rowland) that bracing the box maybe adding resin or more resin and also rounding corners can help
Quote 0 0
bland1
That's the thing. I've heard adding resin makes a box have a little more rise, but your score should still go up cause it's more solid.

The advantage of knowing your rise is you can then wire down your amp with a lower impedance if you have enough.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
oh, I know what will reduce rise!

freezing the woofers...
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by AmmoJammo:
oh, I know what will reduce rise!

freezing the woofers...
What?
Quote 0 0