dB Don Show full post »
Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell
This proves the point I was making in this thread....

stevew008
CACO Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorpro
It was an Extech power clamp. It read a little low for me. But i have decet meters already. For terry brocks it read 3960 when his read a little under 4200

Hhhhhhhmmmmmmm so you can do like 2500 in a 2k class and be good
Quote 0 0
Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell
Just like the termlab,is the official spl meter in drag..maybe the idea of making the Extech the official clamp of drag,my need to be implemented
Quote 0 0
bland1
I don't see that happening, unless there's money to be made by making one model official.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
The Extech proved dozens of times to read less of the spike power than the flukes. A much more true number if you ask me for our purposes.

As for doing 2500 wrms in a 2kw class....never happened. Most people tweeked it at 2kw with my meters at finals and were within 5% in the lanes every single time. The scores speak for themselves they were so close from 2nd to 4th.

We gave a 10% allowance for charge, temp and any other unforeseen variables.

Two flukes=$$$$.00
One Extech=$$$.00(no math involved and saves alot of time in the lanes over two fluke meters) Power is displayed right on the screen.
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
dB Don wrote:
The Extech proved dozens of times to read less of the spike power than the flukes. A much more true number if you ask me for our purposes.

As for doing 2500 wrms in a 2kw class....never happened. Most people tweeked it at 2kw with my meters at finals and were within 5% in the lanes every single time. The scores speak for themselves they were so close from 2nd to 4th.

We gave a 10% allowance for charge, temp and any other unforeseen variables.

Two flukes=$$$$.00
One Extech=$$$.00(no math involved and saves alot of time in the lanes over two fluke meters) Power is displayed right on the screen.

X10. With some of these 2k amps they will do close to 3k so the clamping was very well done and I think is a must for next year especially at events where a wr can be achieved.
Quote 0 0
stany
Nice work Don !
[stanystats]
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Here's a link to the site for people that want to check it out

http://www.extech.com/instruments/product.asp?catid=14&prodid=201

I don't care if Wayne has to buy these and rebrand them as Termpro meters, everyone working off of 1 standard just makes sense. The answer is right it front of us.

Also.. a quick check online has them at about $340 ea.
Quote 0 0
AudioRoach
JordyO wrote:
Here's a link to the site for people that want to check it out

http://www.extech.com/instruments/product.asp?catid=14&prodid=201

I don't care if Wayne has to buy these and rebrand them as Termpro meters, everyone working off of 1 standard just makes sense. The answer is right it front of us.

Also.. a quick check online has them at about $340 ea.

So true...this tool has been added to my must have list. I can't understand the issues that are honestly. Granted many of us already have clamps and multimeters-the math involved is not hard really. I just like the fact that this model does it for you...a definative answer-like how termlab came about: a way to "standardize" spl measurements.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy