bassfreek17 Show full post »
bassfreek17
you see fiberglass and vinly wraped boxs alot today but clear not so much and there are still alot of things to do with a clear box.
Quote 0 0
kenneth
http://gatelyaudio.com/
its like was said above, no one will compare to the quality of gately plexi boxes.
Quote 0 0
kenneth
also i recommend buying abox, rather than attempting to build one unless you have a lot of experience with plexi. they say it pretty well on their website the pros of just buying a box straight from them, custom made, rather than attempting it yourself.
Quote 0 0
kenneth
and here is a place if you want to try it yourself to supply you with the plexi youll need\

http://68.208.124.66/dealer/items.asp?CartId={00514DC5-A0AA-45C9-EVEREST9BDA-AEEED2448F58}&Cc=PLEXI%2DCL&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
well i built plexi boxs and things only one sub box and that was for a little 10" sub. i use to work at a hardware store so i cut and glued and drilled and bond the stuff all day. but it will still be a good challenge. and thats half the fun.
Quote 0 0
kenneth
that is true. i personally like the build as well. its just that plexi is fairly hard to precisely cut. but yeah it is definitely the fun in being a challenge. kinda the same as building your own car for spl, rather than buying one already made to be loud.
Quote 0 0
mtxbird

there ya go
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
yeah, how thick is that,
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
if the plexi gets to hard to cut i can have my old man do it, he works at a machine shop cutting shat all day. i was thinking make the front of the plexi and line the rest of the box with mirrored plexi, then put a few single leds in it.
Quote 0 0
mtxbird
1.25in acrylic my brother wanted a box.but if i built one out of this i want it perfect.i dont have the tools to cut it and make sure its top notch.
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
i bet a concret blade or a tile blade would cut that nice. to fine of teeth would clog up but too large and its getting messy.
Quote 0 0
mtxbird
well im gonna have to try it soon .building a 4th order for a friend with 2 shocker super extreme 15s and a vfl 200.1.
i wanted to put a piece thats removable to see and get too the subz if needed
Quote 0 0
mtxbird
Quote:
Originally posted by bassfreek17:
if the plexi gets to hard to cut i can have my old man do it, he works at a machine shop cutting shat all day. i was thinking make the front of the plexi and line the rest of the box with mirrored plexi, then put a few single leds in it.
im in the detroit area 9mile.were does ur dad work and if i needed some cut can he do it and how much for it
Quote 0 0
bassfreek17
iam sure he could. just pm me if you need it and i'll talk to him. eastpointe, warren?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy