dB Don
We don't normally post threads like this but we are not like that anymore.

We want to hear from you, the competitors, what you like to see changed to make competition more fun, fair and competitive. Please state the rule,(copy/paste if you have too) and suggest changes that you think will close grey areas or maybe its just something we overlooked.

We don't want to make too many changes more clarification than anything but who knows someone might have a good idea.

Any posts made strictly to complain, etc... with no constructive discussion will be ignored, and left to remain so others can read it at your expense.

We want serious suggestions from the people that matter the most, YOU!

Thanks.
Quote 0 0
murilo
hummm

divide all the remaining classes into power divisions

and create a super low frequency burping class, like 30Hz.
Quote 0 0
bland1
1 amp limit streetA.
Quote 0 0
thefinaldestination
the last change of the rules 2011/2012 was very very expensive, now please do not change the rules again ...again a new set-up ... again new box ... this is crazy
Quote 0 0
dB Don
thefinaldestination wrote:
the last change of the rules 2011/2012 was very very expensive, now please do not change the rules again ...again a new set-up ... again new box ... this is crazy

A quote from my post above, "We don't want to make too many changes more clarification than anything"
Quote 0 0
dB Don
murilo@soundigital.com.br wrote:
hummm

divide all the remaining classes into power divisions

and create a super low frequency burping class, like 30Hz.

That's much too big of a change, we just introduced proper clamp testing at Indy so give people time to get used to it. as for the low Frequency competition that's always fun to see but for now Psychlone will be fine.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
bland1 wrote:
1 amp limit streetA.

How many others feel this way?
Quote 0 0
Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell
Instead of having to get specific amps for ...street stock,and street trunk....just clamp power period....this will save competitors money without them having to buy...more amplifiers..
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell wrote:
Instead of having to get specific amps for ...street stock,and street trunk....just clamp power period....this will save competitors money without them having to buy...more amplifiers..

i totaly agree with this
The one and only , back for more !!!!
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell wrote:

We are working on this right now. Just making the details in the guidelines now.
Quote 0 0
bland1
dB Don wrote:
How many others feel this way?

Would make it easier for people looking to become competitive. Not to many street bump guys run more than one amp on smaller systems (2x12). I'm stuck at a point now where I need to spend 2k just to stay competitive next year. Taking away a amp won't hurt anyone, and would help anyone looking to get serious.
Quote 0 0
xcetera
allow more batterys in street stock so the people that have 3 batterys or more in their street setup can compete in another class then super street of they meet the other specs in street stock. without having to remove thing from the car
Quote 0 0
thefinaldestination
bland1 wrote:
Would make it easier for people looking to become competitive. Not to many street bump guys run more than one amp on smaller systems (2x12). I'm stuck at a point now where I need to spend 2k just to stay competitive next year. Taking away a amp won't hurt anyone, and would help anyone looking to get serious.

and what is with the Competitors who have bought last year only because of the rule change two amplifiers? I bought last year already wrong woofer, now I have this re-sold with much loss. and now I will again buy the same woofer, which I already had. because with just one amplifier, the impedance is wrong again?

Come one people, this can not be your grave. then prefer to make a smaller class.

Street Stock 2KW / Street Trunk 4KW / Street Limited 5KW (rules such as Street A max. 5KW) and all eliminations runs are measured!
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Some good suggestions here, we are listening. Thanks guys!
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
thefinaldestination wrote:

Street Stock 2KW / Street Trunk 4KW / Street Limited 5KW (rules such as Street A max. 5KW) and all eliminations runs are measured!

No way. Then u can call it dB Cup... I just dont like power measurement... Takes a lot of time, no, sorry, ITS A WASTE OF TIME! different meters used, not 100% sure, some instalations difficult to handle. Except Street Stock and Trunk, this are 2 classes and its enough, not more Power classes...

My 2cents
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy