orlandoman
I am currently getting a Digital Design 1500 sub single 10 inch getting 600 watts rms and the sub is in a ported enclosure. Now I have an Arc Audio KS 300.2 amp [180 x 2 @ 4 ohm] and I am not sure if I should keep my Morel Dotech Ovation 6 or swap it out for something else.

If I should swap it out for another component set what should I get in replace of the Morels.

Thank you.
Ebrahim
Quote 0 0
PaulE
I wouldn't sell those if I am u,unless you gonna by a set of dynaudio splits,got a friend running those in a renault clio and sounds magic man
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
I heard them but in all honesty not a fan of Dynaudio but I would rather take something that is similar to the famous Boston Acoustics than Dynaudio.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Hertz, Audison, and Hybrid both make great components.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
why are you wanting to swap out the Morels? What different sound are you looking for?

Maybe you need a better install of the speakers. Or you need a good sound processor. Until you get to the top levels of SQ, those factors can often be more important than the speakers themselves.
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
I am techno geek as my fellow classmates and friends tell me and in all honesty if you a techno music geek like me you want it LOUD where my one female friend of mine keeps telling me to turn it down before I go DEAF.

I never listen to but that is another story by itself. Back on point is that the Hertz are warmer but the Boston Acoustics PRO 60SE sound it is more of a tweeter midrange combo where the Morel Dotech Ovation 6 sound like a tweeter midbass combo.

Maybe my female friend was right maybe I do like it LOUD. In all honesty I am running the Dotech Ovation 6 on the Arc Audio KS300.2 and in all honesty I want something louder to wake the neighborhood or more like my female friend tells me go deaf.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
if you run an active crossover you can get louder. The speakers will handle more power and you won't waste all the power in the passive crossover. You could possibly even do a 3way active front and really make some loud and clear sound
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
Not according to Morel tech support because they claimed 75 x 4 on the component set and he told me the 180 x2 will be louder than the 75 x 4.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
75x4=300
180x2=360
why not run 180x2 on the midwoofers, and 100x2 on the tweeters?
I'll be running an RF T600-2 on my midwoofers and the front two channels of a T400-4 on my tweeters.
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
Which component set you have make and model please and what would be your crossover points to.

Thank you.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I have the Hertz Hi-Energy XL series. The HSK165XL4.
I'm not sure where my crossover points or slopes will be yet. My woofers and tweeters will be far apart, so probably not that steep of a slope, so I may crossover a bit higher. probably between 2.5&3.2k for sq mode. Then on my BitTen.D(when it comes out next month) I'll be able to switch to sound mode B where I'll crossover higher and run more power...as well as turn on my factory locations with the rear 2 channels of the T400-2 for "loud" mode, and the two T1500-1bdCP's will be cranked higher too.
The XL's have a 28mm tweeter, so they can be crossed over at around 2k safely with steep slopes, but that wouldn't blend well due to my positioning.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I have heard from some SQ guys that this isn't really a favorite amongst tweeters as they can be a bit strong. Some people have been using the XL woofers and the Audison "violino" tweeter, even though it's even bigger at 34mm...but a smoother,softer sound. Others have been using the Hybrid Legatia tweets.
I would be curious to here the difference between their legatia pro tweeter and the new ring radiator tweeter.
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
So if you running two way components active what type of speakers you have in the rear? The reason I ask is that I got the Morel Dotech Ovation 6 up front but I got the mids from Hertz Hi Energy 165 xl and planning to use that in the rear.

So I intent to run those at 80hz to 100hz and the front mids from 100hz and up.

Thanks.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
why only run the XL's from 80-100Hz? and why have anything in the rear? We recently did a car with an audison processor and just some $250 polk components with a nice install, single entry level sub and cheap amps. We did some basic settings and very basic tuning with the customer before he left the shop to tune it for the next 20 weekends or so.lol. It wasn't until about three hours later that I realized there was no rear fill, and I never missed it.
I'm far from an SQ guru, but I'd probably want the midwoofers up front, and playing as low as possible, probably in the 40-45Hz range so you can pull the sub stage towards the front. Time aligning a sub makes a big difference as well.
I guess if you're looking more for waking up the neighborhood loud, maybe 80hz will work better for you by saving your speakers.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
just talking ideas here
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy