tthaworth
I am looking for some new componets for my cavalier. My current system consists of clarion 4x6(front) clarion 6x9 Rear powered by a alpine head unit and a alpine type-r 12" sub powered by a mb quart discuss 2150. I plan on using the mbquart amp to power some 6.5 componets and get a new mono sub amp for the type-r sub. I have not heard of many of these high dollar speakers like rainbow,morel,hertz,focal and so on untill recently. I have thought about the type-r componets or something like that. This is my daily driver and i don't need anything super expensive ,but i want good midbass and treble. Im so tired of not getting the midbass feel i want. Any suggestions?
Quote 0 0
tthaworth
ok now im lookin at the cadence componets. Anyone try the cwm6kit or the zrs65k6 ? They both look nice.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I haven't gotten to far into components so I can't be much help. I have seen alot of people run mb quartz amps for mids though and they ALL seem to like um. Maybe look into their mids I believe they might be pretty good as well.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
don't get type-r components, they are poop.
Quote 0 0
tthaworth
D-bass i heard the type-r componets at a shop i indy the other day and compared to the jl's and BA's they sounded awesome. Do they have some knd of problem?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
they've just never sounded natural. Certain a cleaner tweeter than the Type-S, but still not great. The mid-woofers have never been very efficient either.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
actually dbass. have you heard the new alpine type R components? instead of the huge beefy magnets on the old ones.. the new ones come with neo magnets. a lot more slim for an easier install.

i was at an alpine meeting a few weeks ago.. n according to the guy who was running it. they had there type R components sent to cogent audio labs along with some other components (focal,hertz n a few others.)

from what the guy said.. the entry level focal components and the new neo driven type r components sound almost identical to the entry level focals.
Quote 0 0
ssluke
incriminator just came out with their first line of componants , 6x9s , and coax , great sounding speaker and a great price !
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
entry level focals are entry level. just like entry level hertz are entry level. in fact, entry level Hertz coaxials are probably one of the worst sounding speakers I've ever heard. Yet I got some of the Hi-energy XL's cuz they can sound good, but I don't like most factory locations for them.
Quote 0 0
2doorcavy
ya thats a good point. cant beat you there lol. dbass- 1 me - 0 lol

.. i dunno just thought it was neat that they sound completely different that they did b4. and that they used neo magnets rather then the magnets they had b4 that you couldnt fit anywhere
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
What's ur price range? I'm all over hybrid audios mids
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy