Bumpin' Yota
I have a nice 150 watt electric iron, but I need something cordless. I've tried "cold heat" and it SUCKS to put it mildly.

Currently im looking at butane torches...what do you suggest?
Quote 0 0
NDMstang65
butane torch is the best option

instant heat and connection...no wait
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Agreed, I have used one before and I think they are pretty awesome, the biggest plus is that its almost instant...
Quote 0 0
VegaS10
Snap-On sells he butane ones, but, they tend to die after heavy use within a year. Grainger sells some GREAT butane ones for roughly the same price ($120 ish).
Quote 0 0
Bumpin' Yota
Where can I get Grainger products?
Quote 0 0
IA-2
Yes, cold heat sucks the penis to say the least.......but the free wire stripping tool is awesome!!
Quote 0 0
maxxology
radio shack has butane ones for under $30. i used to use one almost everyday at work. i probably soldered over 1000 conectors with the butane one, and it takes forever to use up the butane. and its very portable i was able to work like i had 3 hands almost. vice grip connector, hold wire and solder and touch wire to connector.
Quote 0 0
imported_lilmaniac2
lowes sells one i dunno the price, but we used it at work.... best investment ever
Quote 0 0
Spkrman
Quote:
Originally posted by maxxology:
radio shack has butane ones for under $30. i used to use one almost everyday at work. i probably soldered over 1000 conectors with the butane one, and it takes forever to use up the butane. and its very portable i was able to work like i had 3 hands almost. vice grip connector, hold wire and solder and touch wire to connector.
same here - thats a killer iron. Just make sure you have a ligheter to get it started.. the thing they give you with it doesn't always work.
Quote 0 0
MR HARD HITTER
yeah and to replace the tip is 10 to replace the iron its 20, thats the best thing radio shack has, ive had one blow up before
Quote 0 0
truckramrod
butane is kinda nice, but I wish I would have gotten a bigger one.
Quote 0 0
xpl
I bought the cheap lil butane at walmart....23 bucks. It works well - and its cheap enough that if it does stop working - I can replace it easily. But wow - it works GREAT!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Rusty...WCA
I use the snap-on one, had it for a few years and its still going, i dont use it every day though
Quote 0 0
MSIGuy
How do you use a butane torch? Its pretty much just a little flame right?
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
**edit**

these things were effing cool...not ideal for the super small soldering jobs though.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy