Aerosounds
I am trying to figure out what additional batteries I should use for my setup. I will be running 2 DD 9515's with a DD M2a on each. The upgraded electrical will be a Stinger 250 amp alternator. How many adittional batteries and which one's should I use. All suggestions are appreciated.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
minimum for daily use, i would say 2 XS Power D2700's. I would probably go with two or three D3100's just to be safer
Quote 0 0
DD4Runner
Thanks for the info!
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
do u already have that stinger alt? u can get better for the price they want for there alts and save u some money and get u 3 D3100's
Quote 0 0
Aerosounds
Yeah, the Stinger alt is already on the way. Who were you thinking though?
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
XS power or mechman could of got a better alt at a better price
Quote 0 0
Aerosounds
I see, will keep that in mind the next go round. Thanks for the info, always is helpful!
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
np any time and also make sure u do the big 3 upgrade and if it was me i would use 0 gauge to do it in
Quote 0 0
DD4Runner
I will definitely be doing the big 3, no smaller than 1/0, possibly 3/0 since the run to the amps will be done at this size. I have been looking at the XS line and it seems to me that for daily driving 1 3100 would be enough. Is this not enough? It says it is enough for a supplemental to 5K watts.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
as long as u got the alt to back it 1 would work but i would run 2 just to cover my ass and the 3/0 stinger cable to me looks like 3 4 gauge in there not 3 true 1/0 i would think u would be fine with 2 runs of 0 gauge being a 4 runner is about 14ft long give or take
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i'd go for at least 2 of the big batts if you're really gonna daily this thing
Quote 0 0
Aerosounds
I decided to go with an Optima Redtop 34R up front and (2) Trojan 31 series gels in the back. They have about the same specs as the D3100's just not as much CA's. If these do not work out I will change them out, but I figured for the price I would try them out. The install is supposed to be done today, if it is I will try to get some pics up over the weekend.
Quote 0 0
Alemuthafukinjandro
So how do you like the system? I thought it sounded great!
Quote 0 0
DD4Runner
I love it. Was more than I was expecting. I have to stop back by the shop this morning, I shook the ipod connection loose in the first 5 minutes I had it last night.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy