richyjb
so i recently bough a 99 jetta gls ...
it already has a rockford fosgate punch p450.4
and some polk momos ...

there was also a sony explod amp, for the subs ...i wanted a system that you can feel it hit real hard low, but sound nice - and i dont want it to be obnoxiously loud ...i mean, i dont care if the guy next to me hears it or not.

i didnt trust the sony explod amp, my uncle claimed that it would just ruin my subs ...he said it ruined two of his , i think he had them hooked up wrong, but either way.. i purchased a bazooka sub.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017JG47G/ref=oss_T15_product

wqill that sub give me the kind of bass i am looking for ?

heres some specs.

http://shopper.cnet.com/car-audio/bazooka-bta10250d-car-subwoofer/4014-3425_9-33577851.html

but i am also wondering about my momos, apparently they are very nice speakers i am told ?

but i was told that to make them better i should get my tweeters hooked up... at first my uncle told me just go to best buy and get them hooked up... then i asked what would need to be done, and he said "just hook the tweeters up, you will need a good set of component speakers with a crossover and about 500-1000 dollars to make it sound great.."

i dont really know what that means...and im not sure if he does either ...

basically what should be done to get my audio really nice ?

thanks for any help !!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
It's too vague and I think you're too novice to explain it exactly over the internet. no offense intended.

go to your local audio shop. Ask them to take a listen and to assist you in getting the sound you want.
Quote 0 0
richyjb
can i trust best buy to correctly assist me ?
im a computer guy, and i know that there methods with computers are sub-par, and expensive ...

can i trust them for audio though ?

i dont know any local speaker shops ..
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by richyjb:
im a computer guy, and i know that there methods with computers are sub-par, and expensive ...

Best Buy knows as much about car audio as Obama does about being president. Just because they sell car audio, doesn't mean they know anything about it.
Quote 0 0
audiobuffru1
i agree with jared , they only sell it that their job, and try to sell you a warranty to benifit themelves ................better off buying on the internet .
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
^^^ if it wasn't for guys who know what they are doing at real stores 12v would have never got were its at.....x2 on d-bass....and I'd look for a non big box ftw
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Quote:
Originally posted by jarfunkz:
Quote:
quote:

Best Buy knows as much about car audio as Obama does about being president. Just because they sell car audio, doesn't mean they know anything about it.
Who knows about being president before they become president?
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Slate:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jarfunkz:
Quote:
quote:

Who knows about being president before they become president?
Surely not a magazine editor who was senator for a year before his presidential campaign.
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Not worth getting into a political discussion with you.
Back to the topic fellas.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy