x2o
Okay, well I have a GP3000D that one of the FET's legs broke off of the board and caused it to burn up. In it's going it took the two gate resistors by it along for the ride, and I am hard pressed identifying these. I was wondering if anyone knows what wattage they are and what type they are (as in carbon-film, etc). I've figured out the larger one is a 27ohm resistor with 5% tolerance, and the smaller one is 100kohms with a 10% tolerance.

I've included a picture in case I am referring to these incorrectly.

It's huge, so there's a thumbnail. .

Thank you very much for the help,
-Ryan.
Quote 0 0
Cr@sh
I would also Post this on the maxxsonics forum and PM Mike Stiers he may be better to help you in this.
Quote 0 0
x2o
Thank you very much for the suggestions PoprocksnBass, I have posted on the Maxxsonics forums, and will drop Mike Stiers a PM.

Much appreciated!
Quote 0 0
oldtimer
Is that the actual amp? The resistors appear good!
Quote 0 0
x2o
Yeah, that's my actual amp but that picture is not of the resistors that are burnt. The resistors that burnt are on the opposite side but are not as easy to get a picture of, but they are the same resistors. They do not look burnt either, I believe because they are flame-proof so visual marks are hard to determine. The larger one has a slight burn dot on one side however.

Thanks for the reply!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
you could always pop one leg of the resistors out of circuit and test to see if they are within tolerance.
Quote 0 0
x2o
Well guys I figured out the bigger ones are 1Watt flameproof resistors. The smaller ones are just normal resistors that can be bought just about anywhere of the 100Kohm variety.

Figured I'd post this for all future GP3k problems, someone may need this in the future .

I will keep this thread updated as I progress throughout the attempt to get this bad boy working again
Quote 0 0
moodygreens
yes,im pretty sure the green resistors are 36ohm flameproof 1 watt 5%

you will probably need to rebuild the driver card as well...it usually needs to be done if any outputs short out and fail...at least to be on the safe side.....
Quote 0 0
tijae
send back to company have it refurbhish cheaper safer
Quote 0 0
Gavin
I agree, don't do any home repairs, if you don't need to. be safe, send it back and have it refured.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy