RE-tardedF150
What is and isn't allowed? I was considering changing the look of the factory console in my CRX. Would this be allowed or would this be reason for DQ at finals? I drive the car around to shows quite a bit and I wanted to make it look a little better inside and out. I know a few guys ran with custom made panels for the back in the past as well. What are the rules/constraints on custom work?
Quote 0 0
JustinWhitty
It depends on who you talk to, but the basics of it are if it looks good and you could get the work done at a local "retailer" then it's o.k. Just don't change the "form and functionality" of anything.
Quote 0 0
RE-tardedF150
Thanks.
Quote 0 0
dBSteve
custom consoles in street are prohibited. it says that exactly in the rule book.
Quote 0 0
GameOverStreetA
im makeing alot of custom stuff for my crx. and im just going to take my chances if its legal or not. cause every year i hear things are going to be illegal and stuff. im just going to take my chances this year. just what every you make cant be braced and cant be thicker than the factory. alot and steves right you cant build a console.
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
Keep the original console, mod it slightly, paint it nicely.

Im sure the judges will see what youve done isnt about dB but more functionality.
Quote 0 0
JustinWhitty
I said it has to maintain FORM and Functionality. Soooooo.....my interpritation of the rules is don't make it any bigger or smaller, you can paint it, but don't strengthen it, you could add things to it.... maybe. Say you have an XM Delphi 2 kit and you install it in that factory pocked under the radio... mold the Kits reciever in there very nicely so it's a smooth install... I don't see how you could get D.Q'd for something like that afterall where else are you going to put that kit that it's mounted securely and safely in the car. I don't see why that would be a big deal. From what I've seen over the years just walk the line finely and always have a justification for what you did.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
I would just do what you want to do, and make it look good. The rules say custom installs are permitted, so do a custom install...
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
I agree. I was told by Wayne that if its done for looks then its fine. My headliner is fiberglassed with 2 7" tvs, and it has passed everytime I take it to a show. It probaly hurts my score because its not thick but I like the way it looks.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
The only thing you would have to be careful of is the console, as the rules say that you cannot have a custom console...
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
Im putting one in mine it going to have 2 more tvs in it. I got no gain with one when I had a different one in it. In street I dont see how you could get a gain with one unless you built it like the extreme ones. But I wouldnt do anything to nice unless you talk to Wayne or make it removeable. So you can put the factory one in at the show.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Quote:
Originally posted by boommerextreme:
Im putting one in mine it going to have 2 more tvs in it. I got no gain with one when I had a different one in it. In street I dont see how you could get a gain with one unless you built it like the extreme ones. But I wouldnt do anything to nice unless you talk to Wayne or make it removeable. So you can put the factory one in at the show.
Since you are in superstreet, you are allowed to have a custom console by the rules, as long as it does not displace more than two cubes. In street class, the rules specifically say no custom consoles.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy