GameOverStreetA Show full post »
BIG D of pa
people have been arguing over this since atleast 1999. here is my question all the oem pins for my pannles on the doors broke cause i got a lil mad one day can i screw the pannel to the door or do i have to go get new ones?
Quote 0 0
Rip Rock
Quote:
Originally posted by BIG D of pa:
people have been arguing over this since atleast 1999. here is my question all the oem pins for my pannles on the doors broke cause i got a lil mad one day can i screw the pannel to the door or do i have to go get new ones?
Send a pic to a judge to be safe imo. I have seen door panels at finals with screws in them before, more than once.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
well any news on whats ok or not and i would think painting the door panel would be ok and as for bobs van being illegal i would think its fully legal and if not then i would think that head judge/owner wayne harris would of dq'ed it at 07 world fianls he was standing right there next to it when bob blow the windshield right out of it and the doors where open for a long time right in the lanes. NOT everyone is trying to cheat to win we would like are cars/trucks to look nice for the people looking at them and sound good also not look like sh*t
Quote 0 0
Old/School
Quote:
Originally posted by BIG D of pa:
why not they do it to the pandas they do one finnish washer and drywall screw for each pin this is what i was told. and i have had this done to my yougo for 2 yrs know and have been to a few 3x shows and it was deemed fine. as long as its one screw for each pin.
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
i would still like a ruling on this from wayne to make 100% sure before i do all the work to my truck just to find out that the weeks worth of time and money was for nothing and have to tear it all back out
Quote 0 0
HDBDRA
The section you refering too is a Aditional Instruction/Clarification saying simple that
----
Door pods are also permissible, as are custom fiberglass "build-outs" or other modifications that are made in order to accommodate speakers in the installation location.
----

Keep also in mind that all clarification and guidlines are good unless no other applicable rule is violated.

So Mike is not wrong ....

You Can Build a Door panel to accomodate your speaker.

You CANNOT build a gigantic panel reinforced that alters interior space, alter passenger seating ability (prohibiting normal operation of the vehicle)

I hope its quite Clear
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
i just want to make my door hold 4 sets of speakers fiber glassed in and then paint the doors to make then look nice and i don't want to be DQ'd or thrown into an extreme class
Quote 0 0
jaychocolate
Quote:
Originally posted by HDBDRA:

You CANNOT build a gigantic panel reinforced that alters interior space, alter passenger seating ability (prohibiting normal operation of the vehicle)

I hope its quite Clear
Well then I guess some competitors should have been DQ'ed at WF.......
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Quote:
Originally posted by HDBDRA:
The section you refering too is a Aditional Instruction/Clarification saying simple that
----
Door pods are also permissible, as are custom fiberglass "build-outs" or other modifications that are made in order to accommodate speakers in the installation location.
----

Keep also in mind that all clarification and guidlines are good unless no other applicable rule is violated.

So Mike is not wrong ....

You Can Build a Door panel to accomodate your speaker.

I hope its quite Clear
You can describe it much more better than me
Thanks, this is exacly what i want to tell them.
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
D-Bass
my installers and boss at our 12V retail shop all say that it's hardcore spl guys like some of us that ruined car audio. Where it's all about being loud, and so many people give up on the looks.

I've had to run in Ex-2 before because the old doorpanels on my mazda were too much stronger with the buildup. 1/2 MDF and plenty of fglass. I agreed with the judge about them, and asked for a ruling before paying my entry fees at a 3x., still competed though.
Quote 0 0
murilo
on my astro van

custom panel = original = 0.2 quieter without panel
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
Quote 0 0
BoomKing
Has it been established yet if you can paint your panels in street?
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
WAYNE years later and u still can't take 1 min to make a post here for us i still want some input from u on this
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy