Wayne Harris
What can we do as an organization to grow participation in our various competition formats?

One idea that I had was to implement "dBDRA Chapters". This is similar to what Harley Davidson did years ago.

Each chapter would be formed independently by local members. They would follow a "charter" that we would help to develop. Chapters would then elect their own officers and come up with their own uniform and/or a logo to represent their Chapter.

The charter might include things like...

• Identifying a local retailer where chapter meetings could take place.
  • Having regular meetings and/or tweak and tune sessions.
  • Taking "road trips" to participate in out-of-town dBDRA events periodically.
  • Hosting a dBDRA event and inviting other chapters to attend.

The dBDRA would include Chapter icons, etc. on the website. 

This is just an idea. I know there are existing clubs and teams but we may be able to take this to another level.

What are your thoughts?
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
I think existing Teams would have conflict with this new idea. I know In Michigan years ago the idea was brought up to have all Michigan competitors register for Slamology under “Team Mitten”, one team would suggest another name and eventually we ended up with a Team name that used parts of 5-6 different teams. The whole name was long and stupid. Then people started to complain about what teams were part of it and what order the team name would go. This just goes to show that people are wanting to look over past difference and come together. I have a feeling that some chapters would just become overrun by one or two teams and it be a war between those two or it be one team running one chapter which makes no sense to me. 
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
I think it is a good idea. No one would be forced to join a Chapter. Existing teams could remain as-is or they could migrate into a Chapter if they wanted. 
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Wallstreet Chris
We already do this TN.  We are TN Bass Racers.  We practice together.  We share tips to help new comers bass race.  Before events we have Bass Race clinics where veteran Bass Racers teach new comers how it works.  This season we have brought on two new bass racers.
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Chris, I wish we had more like you! We see what you have done in TN. Your efforts really show. I will be contacting you soon to get some tips on how to help launch this new program. Thanks!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
DubaR
Issue I see at hand is gathering enough members to actually make this work currently my state has 2 DB drag members no one wants to pay for a membership when it does nothing for them because we have 2 to 4 shows a year and most are not willing to travel out of area. That said we have a local basshead Facebook group of over 500 and a local car audio buy sale trade group with 5000 we got the resources. People want systems people want to compete people want to learn no one wants to pay fee's and be part of the club. Right now the issue we have for shows is location. The last 3 of 4 shows was shut down for disturbing the peace.

If chapters was to be implemented I would like to see a "state finals" incorporated into it to give guys that cant travel a reason to become a member.
Quote 0 0
Claudi.C

I think that firstly dB DRA shoud keep his word.
I am still waiting reply from dB DRA about my questions I did one day after eurofinals by person (six months...).

I hope forum can help me.

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy