Wayne Harris
One of the biggest challenges facing the dBDRA today is that of growth.

In some respects we are a victim of our own success. Whenever I talk about involving newcomers in dB Drag Racing competition I am always met with the same universal belief... "dB Drag Racing is comprised of the top SPL competitors in the world. There is no place for beginners." While it is true that we have the best SPL competitors in the world, I still believe that we MUST bring in new participants if we want to survive as an organization.

If you are a veteran competitor you probably have a story or two about what got you interested in dB Drag Racing in the past. After all, we were all newcomers at one point or another. We MUST figure out a way to bring others into this sport. This is where I need your help.

Consider this... if each dBDRA member would ONLY bring ONE new competitor into the sport each year we would DOUBLE OUR SIZE in only one year! That is profound. Surely you know someone that has shown an interest in competing. Now is the time to bring that person on board. Help him get started. Let's make this happen!

Thanks for your consideration.

Wayne Harris
President - dBDRA
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Flex Issues Kyle
Im hoping the new 1k helps. 

I brought a new guy to the fold last year. Small trunk build, competed in 1k. He actually won handedly because I made him a burp box... as ive invited him to more shows, hes been leery because "i dont want to have to run a burp box just to win".  I also built his daily box. Very loud opened up, not so much sealed. As such, hes been asking me to take him to meca and usaci shows instead. He wants to be able to demo, play music and have a chance to not get embarassed. (Which he still will when the right ppl in Suvs) showup.

That kind of epitomizes the struggle of new guys in a nutshell. Im gonna explain the new 1k rules to him and see if it sparks his interest to return. 
At least out here, alot of newbies basically want to have fun, and not get demolished in the process
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
Im hoping the new 1k helps. 

I brought a new guy to the fold last year. Small trunk build, competed in 1k. He actually won handedly because I made him a burp box... as ive invited him to more shows, hes been leery because "i dont want to have to run a burp box just to win".  I also built his daily box. Very loud opened up, not so much sealed. As such, hes been asking me to take him to meca and usaci shows instead. He wants to be able to demo, play music and have a chance to not get embarassed. (Which he still will when the right ppl in Suvs) showup.

That kind of epitomizes the struggle of new guys in a nutshell. Im gonna explain the new 1k rules to him and see if it sparks his interest to return. 
At least out here, alot of newbies basically want to have fun, and not get demolished in the process

That's exactly it, dB DRA doesn't have a true music format that all the other orgs have.  When i say true music class, I'm talking Bass Boxing, Street Beat, Park N Pound, Bass Battles, ISPLL All Around.  These are all classes where the competitor is allowed to have their car open up and and play legal music of their choice. Where the loudest score wins.  Psychlone is good, but with it requiring a install score and an RTA score that scares away some newbies.  Also the fact that people get bonus points for playing low, some newbies are built for daily playing. There not gonna be able to play 20hz very efficiently.

In the last few years that I have been judging the largest draw to anyone format at anyone one show, was for ISPLL All Around.  That class is a class that I would tell any newbie to start with, its as simple as pressing play when the timer does the READY SET GO, and then stopping it when time runs out.
Quote 0 0
Flex Issues Kyle
I agree, because people out here love Street Beat (usaci). 

I started in Meca because it seemed more newbie friendly. As I got more experienced, I realized that DbDrag was the gold standard. Currently, many in my region start with Usaci. Some come to Drag, some dont. Perhaps Drag will always be the top of the ladder, i dont really know.
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
See when i first got into competing it was only IASCA and dB DRA here,  When i started judging i brought ISPLL to the area, and started judging dB DRA and IASCA as the other judges stopped and there was a year of absence.  Out of those 3 orgs the largest pull for any music class is ISPLL and All Around.  Maybe a refinement to Psychlone is in order to get newer guys to compete.
Quote 0 0
DubaR
Bring in a daily driver friendly format.

All my guys want to run there personal music systems not one person in my state has a "spl car" except me. All like to know there loudest spl from the db drag format but as above they dont want to build a car for it or swap a box to "win"
bassrace is a fantastic event but it does not test the systems ability as a musical machine it is more the ability to control the system built.
Psyclone is a great concept of an elitist ability to build a perfect system. Most all competitors are far from that and need a less scaled judging process to understand this level of mastery. 

We need to figure out how to form a cheap entry level playing field that is not only for new comers but veterans alike while keeping the extreme complex build technics out. The "airbag" rule is/will all ways be a classic attempt but in reality it only shifted from panda/crx to explorer/corsica. 
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
DubaR wrote:
Bring in a daily driver friendly format.

All my guys want to run there personal music systems not one person in my state has a "spl car" except me. All like to know there loudest spl from the db drag format but as above they dont want to build a car for it or swap a box to "win"
bassrace is a fantastic event but it does not test the systems ability as a musical machine it is more the ability to control the system built.
Psyclone is a great concept of an elitist ability to build a perfect system. Most all competitors are far from that and need a less scaled judging process to understand this level of mastery. 

We need to figure out how to form a cheap entry level playing field that is not only for new comers but veterans alike while keeping the extreme complex build technics out. The "airbag" rule is/will all ways be a classic attempt but in reality it only shifted from panda/crx to explorer/corsica. 

i believe I stated above. A true music class measuring peak SPL music avg is needed. 
Quote 1 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
IMO dB Drag Racing Needs a "JfF" Class!
JFF= Just for Fun
Where ALL People with theyr very own musicsystem can compete agains others.
No matter what Kind of System (OEM, selfbuild, from a Hifi Shop (as Judges or Organisator you´ll see if its a high end or beginner system)...
The Organisator should be allowed to open maybe two JFF classes at the Event and let them start against someone.
IF they are infected with the dB Drag Racing Virus, they can compete in other, official classes. If not, they can stay in those classes (either you see thats a high end System, they have to compete in regular classes).
So we will win new members, new competitors and a bigger base for dB Drag Racing.

The JFF classes should be also able to be uploaded in the database so the competitors can say: "WOW, my Name is to see on the dB Drag Racing Website. The biggest Website for car Audio... That is awesome".

in my first days it was a great Feeling to see my Name on this Website... 😉
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
IMO dB Drag Racing Needs a "JfF" Class!
JFF= Just for Fun
Where ALL People with theyr very own musicsystem can compete agains others.
No matter what Kind of System (OEM, selfbuild, from a Hifi Shop (as Judges or Organisator you´ll see if its a high end or beginner system)...
The Organisator should be allowed to open maybe two JFF classes at the Event and let them start against someone.
IF they are infected with the dB Drag Racing Virus, they can compete in other, official classes. If not, they can stay in those classes (either you see thats a high end System, they have to compete in regular classes).
So we will win new members, new competitors and a bigger base for dB Drag Racing.

The JFF classes should be also able to be uploaded in the database so the competitors can say: "WOW, my Name is to see on the dB Drag Racing Website. The biggest Website for car Audio... That is awesome".

in my first days it was a great Feeling to see my Name on this Website... 😉

I would say this is Bass Race or Top Dog
Quote 1 0
DubaR

I would say this is Bass Race or Top Dog

Top dog for sure, I offer 50% of top dog entry fee to winner last show was 8 contestants in  is super fun when 8 play.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Sure it is more Top Dog or Bass Race.

But in Top Dog and Bass Race you´ll have veterans, or "Real" competitors, who will win against those newbees we are looking for.
Just a "non competitive class" for beginners.
They can use for soundfile whatever THEY want. They can have a oem or standart System build, etc.
Only to be competetiv against other newbees.
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy