Andrew DBDRGA Colver
Hey guys,

over the past 7 years i have been reading all the wounderfull information posted in these forums,

I Have been building SPL systems with different gear for some time now, but now its time to get serious,

I have 2 x DD 9512's and 1 x Stetsom 11k, This is the first time i have played with gear of this caliber, and to be honest, i dont know where to start with DD.

This system is going into a Station wagon, it likes 44-46hz.

if any one has thoughts, advice that would be much appricated, i would love this to get into the early 150's around the 153 mark would be fantastic

Thank you

Andrew
Quote 0 0
boomrolla
Well Well Well... Welcome lol! What did you want to know bro? Figured I should Bump this for you!!
Quote 0 0
bluewagon
what vehicle do you plan on using? What class do you plan on running? How many batts are you using? All these will play a factor as to what class you will be in.
Quote 0 0
Deno
What class you planning on Andrew? Kiwi?
Quote 0 0
warlord
Welcome Andrew, Post photos to make post more interesting and help will be given quicker.
Quote 0 0
Andrew DBDRGA Colver
Hey guys,

Just a quick up date, so the box is 5.5 cubes internal, minus port, driver and coving displacement. the port is 9.3" in diamater and have started with it 12" long.

I dont have the stetsom in there yet but i ran a long sub cable from another car that has 2 x Rockford T2500d's strapped, clamped at 5k RMS.

As a quick test tonight it seems to peak at 40HZ and does 151.8DB, have shortened the port to raise tuning, it stays at 40HZ and just the max DB drops.

The port is not sealed to the box and the custom MDF flares are pressure fitted to the port pipe, i have used this port and flare set up on a few others, once the port is sealed to box and flares are sealed to port pipe and smoothed over it gains .4 - .6DB. so currently im good for a early 152.

I need to raise the tuning, normally by shortenng the port this happens but not in my situation, Time to start making the box smaller.

Will report back after mods have been done

Andrew
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
whats the car?
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
posting pics will help a lot.

Try to build a box where you can easily adjust the volume of the box aswell. Not just port length.

A box that you can test...then take out, cut an inch or two off the depth (or width or height depending on design) screw it back together and re-test that volume with your different port lengths.
Quote 0 0
Andrew DBDRGA Colver
hey Guys,

The car is a 1998 Toyota corolla Station Wagon, not sure what parts of the globe they are in?

here are some pics as long as it works
Quote 0 0
Andrew DBDRGA Colver
UPDATE!

i have tried shrinking the box, the freq comes up a lil bit but the MAX DB drops, currently does 151.8 @ 40HZ,

have tried a longer and shorter port but nothing really changes
Quote 0 0
Durando
Andrew did you try fireing the sub and port front.. (toward the dash)
push box all the way to the back of the wagon...

if that does not work..
then keep subs and port firing toward the back
and increase the box depth.. keep port the same size..
and you hz will pick up to 44-46hz..

let us know if you made any other changes
Quote 0 0
Andrew DBDRGA Colver
Hey guys,

just a quick update ...... Pulled the pin using the wagon. i picked up a hatchback for pretty cheap. here is a link to youtube

this is using 2 x Rockford T2500's. 155.3 so far, still yet to drop in Stetsom!
Quote 0 0
Durando
Wow// thats nice and strong..
but its not the same box..
just curious..
1. did u change the box?
2. what happend when you used the old box in the hatch?
3. did the hz change with old box in hatch?

Congrates on the 155..
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy