tgreenshowfan Show full post »
team basket kase
Hey - screw you cricket humper - I'm , uh, - I'm uh - - going back into ss 1-2 wall - uh - just so I can officially kick yer azz! Old man- ya fugger...
Quote 0 0
HawaiianBassHead
there's a guy here locally running a stetsom 11kd to a single z18 and from what he's said so far it's fine. He'll be at the comp next weekend so I'm hoping I can get a demo as well as demo for others.. I have a pair of AQ HD3 15" recones on the way I got them as motors like year or so ago right around when the HDCs came out so maybe before that I dunno. anyway, so far from what I've seen in vids every install using a DD Z sub on music has pretty much impressed me. but then again, who in their right mind would do a crappy build with a DD Z lol. if your gonna half ass get something cheaper there are PLENTY of sick subs for WAY less that you could do a good job of making loud on music if u know what your doing..

I recommend the Gs as well, unless your made of money there are possibly better choices than the Z for a daily setup imo
Quote 0 0
naughty Tee
We have a Z18 in a proper box tuned around 37Hz in our demo VW. Woofer driven by a Z2LV and i can say that its sound fabolous, like a G on steroids is the best way t explain it. It has it all the G has but tighter, louder and better.
But i strongly recomends overbuilt amps that focus on SQ also NOT only maximum power.

Quote 0 0
Pulse Car Audio
i agree. that 4400 watts is clamped power, but we measured below clipping. we do not exceed that point. clean power is key.
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms

One DD Z18, used one Atomic AT 5000.1 D and then one DD Z2 LV. With the first amp we did 150+ on music (42-47 Hz), with the Z amp we did 152+ on music (40-48 Hz). Sounded, like naughty Tee said... A G on steroids. My opinion is that the Z woofer is a great loudspeaker that can get very loud. Still very fast and accurate, and musical, in the right setup. This was all in the trunk of a LandRover Freelander II, so...far from the best setup we could have built for this speaker.

If you want the best there is, PERIOD, go for the Z series. If you feel a litle moderate I whould also sugest you try the G's, for your needs. 4 9512's and 4 M4's whould just be sick. All you need for daily and also for burps.

If you are more into music than burps, consider 2 15's or 2 18's. 95Z 15's and 2 M4's... also a killer setup.
Quote 0 0
tgreenshowfan
Hey naughty Tee very nice setup and I hear what you are saying about the amps. I had originally looked at doing a M4 on each one of the Z's, but the 12kd's are cheaper. I know it really comes down to install more than anything and I know I can get away with less batteries for the 4 M4's at least that is what DD told me...thanks for all the help.
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
Quote:
Originally posted by tgreenshowfan:
Hey naughty Tee very nice setup and I hear what you are saying about the amps. I had originally looked at doing a M4 on each one of the Z's, but the 12kd's are cheaper. I know it really comes down to install more than anything and I know I can get away with less batteries for the 4 M4's at least that is what DD told me...thanks for all the help.
Cheaper and more power does not mean BETTER power. If you can, don't cut it on the amps... Go with the M4's, you will be happy after that. They will take care of your speakers, even when you don't.
Quote 0 0
tgreenshowfan
Quote:
Originally posted by SoundCustoms:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tgreenshowfan:
Cheaper and more power does not mean BETTER power. If you can, don't cut it on the amps... Go with the M4's, you will be happy after that. They will take care of your speakers, even when you don't.
Very true. I am just going with the original idea of 4 12 z's with an M4 for each one. Nice clean reliable power.
Quote 0 0
naughty Tee
SoundCustoms: Nice vids and congrats to a Zuper Zetup shud be nice to hear it

tgreenshowfan: I would recomend u this, dont look for lots wattage for less money only, a good sounding amp puts out alot of amperage on the speaker terminals.

Lots of output amperage is the stuff to keep iron control of the cone, but lots of outgoing amperage means lots of high quality components whatever brand or numbers printed on the amp.

I personally would recomend to spend 1,5 to 2$ on the amps for each $ you spend on the woofers.

If doing so you would have enough CLEAN power to bring the best MUSICALLY performace out of the woofers, if you go for lower amp $ vs woofer $ the amps will be the limit of the system.

So i would say, 2pc Z15/18s and 4 M4 or 2 Z2LVs shud be a more sensible setup. But thats all your choice to make

Lots of power can be produced real cheap but lots of GOOD SOUNDING power makes the woofer sound as good its priceless

Good luck with your decission.
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
Quote:

So i would say, 2pc Z15/18s and 4 M4 or 2 Z2LVs shud be a more sensible setup. But thats all your choice to make
x2
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
amplifier's are always where you should invest your money most
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
Between a 95g and a 95z for music you won't see much of a difference in power handling. When we swapped to the 95z's they where only able to take about 2000w rms for music before they got really hot. And with a neo motor you have to be careful about heating up the neo magnet. Over all for the extra money and if you plan on giving each sub around 1500 rms the 95g's are the better buy.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy