Rossfreier
i'm tossing around the idea of rebuilding my truck, i have a 99 gmc jimmy with a 3rd row wall right now and i'm thinkin of building it out from the c-piller to the b-piller, i'm building this for bassrace and daily.i'm looking to use 15s and hoping to run atleast 12, with the dimensions of my current wall extended out to the b-piller i have 44 cubes but thats not including the drop in the floor. now i'm not sure how to build this, i'm thinkin of diamond clamshell most likely vertical clamshell. i'm wondering how would i go about tuning a diamond. also if i were to build a claimshell will the angled baffles effect the tuning? i'm looking to have this plays nice and low. anyone got any ideas or tips?
Quote 0 0
sx4life
you know your gonna blow it up:/
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
haven't blown anything up this year so it'd be about time
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
oh and my buddy says hes got 51 cubes total, but mine has 7 inchs more depth and 2 inchs more height, thinkin it'll be a claimshell, hopin to tune it 25-30hz, wanna peak under 40hz. i'm looking at using the DC level 2 15s, i have an orion 2500 for power right now
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
make sure that if you build a diamond you factor in the length of the baffle as port depth... i have seen one of those go wrong before lol
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
ya well i'm doin a double diamond with 12s instead of 15s, i'm looking at 2 14"X14"X56" tunnels. i think it'll tune pretty low but i dunno how to work it all out. i'm just kinda winging this, cuz no one seems to have any real tips or info
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
well before you build, put a divider in your box

now that you have done that decide how much room you will have, assuming that you can make 8 identical angles for each baffle, figure out your volume, after you have done that you can decide whether to make it sealed or ported... your box will look something like this

now that you have that for a base build off of it, but what i told you earlier its best to seal them off (just look at ho problems) but if you so desire to port i recommend making your port at the back of the diamond as big as you can and test and tune like a bandpass,(hell it will be a bandpass either way) cause if you just make it small and not factor in baffle length you will end up being tuned retarded low, i will try to help you but im not extremely knowledgeable on some things
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
.... i knew that ****, i just mean the tuning of the tunnels so i can find out how low its gonna be tuned right outa the gate so i mean whether or not to make it bigger
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
ok since you knew taht all ready, i bet you new the back side of the baffles was your sealed portion and the open space of the diamond was your ported area... then wtf are you asking?
Quote 0 0
Rossfreier
ya i did know that to, the tuning of the ported side, because there is no difference in the size, how would i work out the tuning,
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
ok you have your sealed volume yes? ok now get the area of your diamond, find the cubic feet just as you would on any enclosure cause a diamond is a vertical box, now run that through winisd or any box building software to give you the general idea on whether to make the diamond bigger or smaller
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy