AmmoJammo
how many variants are there and how much do they vary?

if you select the incorrect sensor when you calibrate it, how much does this effect the scores?

for some reason my TL sensor does not have the sticker on it, whether I removed it 8 years ago when I first got it, or if it was never on there I don't remember.

thanks!
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
There has been almost no variation in sensor sentivity settings over the years. I would recommend using a K-factor of 178.0. This should put you within 0.1-0.2 dB of the actual value.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
thats the issue we had.

we put two sensors in the same vehicle, one was mine, one belonged to a friend.

they varied by 0.5 - 1dB, and were almost random depending on the frequency,

one sensor also seemed to take much longer to update.

they were both set to 177.8 (from memory) as thats what one of the sensors apparently was. (edit: I'm fairly sure this is what my sensor was too)

but the known sensor was the one reading much lower.

the lower reading sensor was bought in about 2007, the higher reading was bought in 2005.

I'll get hold of the other sensor some time and do some more testing between the two.

but!

now I've installed the latest version of the software on my second laptop, the other laptop its on says its activated on too many computers :/

[ 05-06-2011, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: AmmoJammo ]
Quote 0 0
Bunker-Crew
Quote:
Originally posted by AmmoJammo:
now I've installed the latest version of the software on my second laptop, the other laptop its on says its activated on too many computers :/
If you installed it on no more than two computers, just ignore that pop-up and continue.

I have installed my software on my two laptops and still get this pop-up every time i launch TermLab on my second laptop..?
(but if you ignore that, it still works fine)
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
I can't continue, it exits the program.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
I'm going to build a small sealed box with a single 10inch sub in it, and put all 4 termlab sensors we have in the same box, loaded the same distance from the driver, and see how they compare to each other at different volumes, and different frequencies.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
we played around with two sensors a bit, and came to the conclusion that at 140+dB they are generally within 0.1dB of each other...

but, at lower levels, and different frequencies, playing solid burps, they seemed to vary by anywhere upto 0.6dB, and it wasn't always the same sensor reading higher, it depended on frequency...

interesting...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy