87tbird302
I just recently added an amp to power my subs and my headlights start to dim when the bass hits. Do you guys think im running too much power? Im running 2 400watt Hifonics 2-channel amps and 1 Alpine mrp m500 amp. My truck has a 130A alt on it? Do you think im putting too much stress on my alt?
Quote 0 0
Bobinwi
first thing i would do is upgrade the big three under the hood. that should help with alot of the dimming.
Quote 0 0
87tbird302
Would a bad ground cause dimming?
Quote 0 0
amish power
Check the factory grounds (they can get bad from salt and such) check the condition of the battery and alt and then do the big 3
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Even with the stock alternator running a run of 0 gauge power and ground from the battery to distribution blocks near the amps should help if not eliminate the problem. Make sure you have a good battery. I like using dual post batteries like the optima red top or similar so you can run the audio pwr./gnd. cables off of one set of posts and the vehicle cables on the other set. A good redundant ground from the battery to the frame and body as well as from the amp distribution block to the frame is always a good idea.
Quote 0 0
87tbird302
Cool, thanks for the info guys. I'll upgrade big 3, then check factory grounds. Ill start with the easier and cheaper fixes before I start spending money on alt and such.
Quote 0 0
screechie
Too low of impedance could also cause that what amp and sub and also coil configuration, if all is well then you might just have a poor ground sand all the ground areas and reconnect.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy