Broken Silence - Johnny
I am getting ready setup my satellite service and I am looking for opinions on these two options. I have had cable my whole life, so I don't have any experience with either...
Quote 0 0
Iggster
Direct TV
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
any reason?
Quote 0 0
Iggster
Easier to use, boxes are much nicer.
Quote 0 0
Iggster
P.S. I know now you only really need a few wires from the Dish because of the new power supplies they have, but I would still run 2 coaxial cables to where the dish will be to each tv. (you will be pointing south by south west most likely)
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
thanks for the opinion...anyone else have anything to say?
Quote 0 0
jhellemn
I like Dish better. Had Direct before and they kept jacking the rates. I don't think our rates have gone up with dish and if so it's been very little. We have Dish HD w/ DVR.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
ive liked dish better then direct tv for years, i guess its what i was more familiar with but dish has alaways seemed easier to use and has had better service
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
Dish seems to have more choices for programming and better rates...
Quote 0 0
goodtunes1978
the both suck go commando make your own movies
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
Neither?

Dish seemed cheaper at first, but they more than make up for it with other costs. For example, the insurance fees only cover a small portion of costs, and are *very* limited. (one of my sisters has them, though, and if I bitch with them, they'll pretty much do whatever). They had a lot more added costs for this and that that made it cost more than Direct, even though the plan rate was cheaper. Every time there is a problem with Direct they have been out pretty fast... though with some problems it has taken several tries.

I recently went through a back and forth between them and in the end Direct was cheaper and had more options, despite the 'deals' Dish had at the time (about 3 months ago). The insurance was a major factor for me, because I've had problems before and there was no I'd be under cointract to pay out every time something went wrong, even if I had insurance. I don't remember too many details, though. It could be different for different people. I have no movie channels or HD, but the biggest channel package, and locals (which are HD).

Ohh, and there have been issues with Direct installers (they screw something else up every time they fiix one problem, pretty much-- except when one of their main techs finally come out and fix it right). So they have credited months back, and that weighed into the decision to keep Direct.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
I have a DTV convertor box and am adding nothing valuable to this thread because i dont have satellites and punctuation is not good in this because i talked like im from east denver and i like stereos how much is beat louder sealed box or the boxes with the holes?
Quote 0 0
SPL Jester
at my work, we have direct tv... apparently it went out for no reason last weekend... a repair tech couldn't come until wed ( 8am-noon) to fix it... well.. as of friday, it was still out. any strong winds and it's out.
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
I've had both and install both.
I prefer Dish
Like Dish better as it's easier to install for me too.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
I went with dish due to reccomendations of local people. They came out today and set it up, did a nice clean install and were very friendly. The guy also gave me his cell # in case I ever have any problems.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy