stang em
I have a hatchback and my 2 subs are firing up and my slot port is firing to the drivers side of car like facing gas cap. My question is I wanna try sub and port up. Box can only be 20in deep. Port has to be 18 inches long. And I want the port in between the two subs (common airspace). I can bend it but in what direction? I dont want the port making 1 sub move more than the other or anything like that. So I want to know what can you do to slot port specs to shorten the length? Like if the port is 100sq in 18 long. Could I make the port 150sq in and then it'd only need to be 14 long? Or does it need to be reduced to shorten the length? Cause a straight slot port would work best or I guess be easiest to do.

[ 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: stang em ]
Quote 0 0
stany
Yes : when you reduce the area of the port it can be shorter. More port area for a given tuning frequency will add more lenght to the port.

You can always make the port in a reversed T, so both sides of the box under the subs get equal backpressure.

If needed you can always email me about it, my adress is in my profile.

Christof.
[stanystats]
Quote 0 0
stang em
Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to figuring it out? Like if my port is 100sq in by 16 inches deep. So do I take those numbers and multiply em (1600) and just make sure that the remixed port maintains that number (1600)? And this reversed T does each - of the t count to the length? Like if port needs to be 16 long can I make a reverse t port thats 10 long and each - is 3 inches long would equal 16 total
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy