kryptonitewhite??
4 years ago or so I got a SWEET deal on 6 Optima Red Tops. I can't find the guy and I don't remember what company he's from. Ring any bells for anyone?

Anyway most people don't run Optima, why not? I'm assuming because more hours of sotrage can be had for less? I like the idea of dry/gel cells so that I can mount them any way I want inside the vehicle and no hydrogen gas released from charging.

Anyone know if this guy is still around? What other options should I consider?

Thanks!

Krypto
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
price on redtops has gone up about 50% in the past 4 years it seems.

Most car audio batteries are AGM's and can be mounted different ways
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
price on redtops has gone up about 50% in the past 4 years it seems.

Most car audio batteries are AGM's and can be mounted different ways
" The name "valve regulated" does not wholly describe the technology; these are really "recombinant" batteries, which means that the oxygen evolved at the positive plates will largely recombine with the hydrogen ready to evolve on the negative plates, creating water
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
whats the diff between AGM, gel cell, spiral cell, and dry cell? Other than price, Why do very few people run Red/Yellow Top's? I got mine for only $117/piece!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
most of it is just renaming the same thing
You can get so much better performance and power out of other batteries. That's why people don't use them much. I've run reds & yellow optimas. Now I run powermaster and never going back.
Also, the non-G31 yellowtops are not reliable. They just don't last typically.
Quote 0 0
kryptonitewhite??
OK, so I am overwhelmingly hearing "get deka" so what is the best for the price, not best for top dollar. I see MK and Intimidator....
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I have a optima yellow top in my daily driver and I love it. I've had it like 6 months and not a problem. The most power i've put to it was like 1000 watts though. Cost me $200 at Sams Club and I thought that was a deal.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
They were $129 in 2004, and redtops were 95
Quote 0 0
tekk45
Northstar batteries NSB G2400, G2700 or G3100 are good choices. They don't leak and have way better reserve than the redtops. Nothing wrong with the retops, I have 2 of them, but for what you want to do I would use the G2700 or G3100.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Man prices have went up over the years. No wonder were in a recession.
Quote 0 0
LoudByDesign
Optimas Have a much higher internal resistance than other batteries such as dekas or xs power. If your looking for something cheap grab some cnds or something similar. If you've got the extra cash go for the xs powers.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
pays to work for the company that owns optima, sucks they limit me to 2 a yr
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy