jeremyeb
Anyone have any experience with either of these subs?

I ask about the Dynaudio's simply because they make a brilliant component set, so I'm wondering what that means for their subs - I know they aren't exactly huge, I don't even think they are 10".

I ask about Helix because I've heard they make awesome amps and their subs have been recommended to me for SQ, but I'd like some opinions if possible on what their capabilities are.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Darkness
i thought DynAudio had some 12" woofers if i'm not mistaken...
Quote 0 0
spydermann
yep they do but they perform more like a 11" sub go up to 400Hz
Quote 0 0
jeremyeb
So, do you guys think they are good? Awesome? Not that good, there are other things that are way better? I'm not sure if it performing like an 11" and going to 400Hz is bad or not....?
Quote 0 0
Darkness
yeah i'm not exactly sure what that means either, but..they're supposed to sound really nice...they just don't get very loud...seems to be a trend with the high end SQ companies...they typically make a great sounding woofer, but you easily need multiples to get a good amount of bass goin'...check Sounddomain...i think i saw the Dynaudio setup there...two Dyn 12's on the rear deck...
Quote 0 0
spydermann
well J it depends on how you intergrate them into your system you can run the 12s some 5" 2ways and have a world class system, but it won't do 140dB, they are very good sounding subs with classical and that type of Acoustic music, but they are $399 thats something you have to decide
Quote 0 0
orlandoman
I heard Dynaudio 12s in an IB configuration in a 5 series BMW but in all honesty they sound good but I felt there was a need for more BASS. So if you a SQ you would be fine with Dynaudio but if you like a little bass here and there then I am sorry to say go with something else my friend.

By the way that car I am talking about is used as a demo vehicle for a Dynaudio dealer in Orlando, FL as well as for shows in Orlando, FL.

Taje care my friend.
Ebrahim
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
this post is over 9 years old. I'm sure he's picked a sub or died by now.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
this post is over 9 years old. I'm sure he's picked a sub or died by now.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy