mjs Show full post »
Andy Jones
If it is a camry, then I know you can fit a 6 1/2" in that kick with minimal effort and completely disappear in that kick. I've seen it.

The 4" then would be a bit more effort, but I think doable.

The tweet---well the Hiqunon (which I can't spell to save my life) is HUGE. It's going to be a battle. It is way to big to put in an apillar and make look decent. I'd change tweets if they were going in the apillars.
Quote 0 0
mjs
I'm hoping to go at least 7" if not 8" for the midbass drivers. I don't know what mids I'm going to run yet either, but I'm guessing they'll be 4". I'll run the midbasses off of a JL 300/2 and I have another 300/2 for the midranges.
The only drivers I already have are two pairs of tweeters: MBQ Q series from a few years ago and Hiquphons (OW1).
It's more important to get the midbass drivers in the kicks with the mids than it would be to get the tweets next to the mids?
Martin
Quote 0 0
mjs
Andy- The hole you cut for your 7" drivers is 4" X 1" ?
Quote 0 0
Andy Jones
The hole through my floor is a 4" circle. It has the scanspeak aerovent in it.
Quote 0 0
mjs
Not to sound stupid Andy, but what is an "aerovent"?
Should I get the MW172 or an L8?
I think I'll get the Scan Revelator 4" for mids...Could I do a sealed enclosure for the Scanspeak within the vented kick for the midbass driver?
Is there a chance I could get these TWO drivers into vented kicks?
Where should I put the tweets? Low down in the doors as close to the kicks as I can get? I was considering putting my Hiquphons in the doors and my MBQ Q tweets in the stock location by the A pillars... What do you think Andy and Winslow?
Is 150W RMS to each of these drivers enough?
I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but I want to make this the last move on this car...
Please help me...
Martin
Quote 0 0
mjs
Andy - Is this the scan mid you speak so highly of?
Martin
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=917
Quote 0 0
HISPL
If you like the Dynaudio drivers you should REALLY look at the audiotechnology drivers.

audiotechnology.dk

I have an old customer who has some C quenze midbass and they are beautiful, he is comming from the MW170 midbass drivers.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy