traxxstar504
I would like for my amp to see 16 volts daily but I am a newbee when it comes to anything higher than 14.4 volts. my vehicle is a 2000 cadillac seville and I don't want to fry my computer. So what do I do. Im going to be using 4 xs power d3100's or batcap 4000's. The alt is still undecided. Thanks for any responses in advance. Ohh....the amp is a sd8000.1.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the d3100's are a 12volt battery, so that wouldn't work. You need to get some 16V batteries, XS Power makes some GREAT ones.
You can probably get an alternator with en external adjustable regulator as well to set your charge voltage.
Then for that car you will need to get at least two step-down modules to lower the voltage to 14.x volts to run the vehicle. one step-down module would not be able to handle the current draw of that vehicle with all it's crazy electronics. that's why you'd need two or three.
Quote 0 0
traxxstar504
Whats a stepdown module and where can I get them? I know they make these missing link modules that they claim will up your voltage but i didnt know that i needed to use 16 Volt batteries. Not a problen as i dont have any of the gear I planned on using yet.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy