Cutlassthunder
Are epicenters worth the money? I was looking at getting an AudioControl EPIC-160
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i think they can be quite beneficial, if you're listening to cassette tapes!

They are big with some of our latino customers for that spanish gibberish music
Quote 0 0
Mr. Slate
Really restores "deep bass" to old school music.
Won't work on most of today's hip hop music though.
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
They sure can smoke subs...but if use right it was made for adding bass to stuff that lost bass or to "restore" it. But it had its glory days n da early to mid 90's with bassheads...what do you listen to? That's what will answer the question
Quote 0 0
thejoose
If you want to get an Epicenter get the Concert Series - it doesnt have the db readout but it does allow the restoration effect to be controlled from 0db of boost upwards with the EPIC150 and EPIC160 dash mounted versions when you push the button to turn on the restoration effect you have a massive boost already on.

If you are listening to slow downs and modern hiphop/rnb then an epic isnt for you. If you like older music that is maybe lacking in sub 50hz bass the epic really comes into its own.

I like all kinds of music and love finding tunes that 'epic' really well. a few songs to try through an epicenter are Dolly Parton 9 to 5, Rolling Stones, Sympathy for the Devil, Beastie Boys 3 MCs and One DJ, Morcheeba Rome wasnt Built in a day, Queens of the Stone Age, No one Knows, the whole of the Thriller album and anything from the 80's
Quote 0 0
Cutlassthunder
yea doesnt sound like it will do me much good, I'm just lookin for a lil more control over my music mainly my subs, when I do the Sub control on the headunit its either pounding or off, even though it ranges -8 til + 8, 1 is pounding 0 is off, regardless of what the bass knob is on...amp is a RF 2000.1
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
they lower the notes of music bro lol
just be careful with them, hardly anybody uses them to "restore" they use them for 70 hz to play 30 hz.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by Cutlassthunder:
yea doesnt sound like it will do me much good, I'm just lookin for a lil more control over my music mainly my subs, when I do the Sub control on the headunit its either pounding or off, even though it ranges -8 til + 8, 1 is pounding 0 is off, regardless of what the bass knob is on...amp is a RF 2000.1
sounds like your amp is adjusted wrong
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy