mrclish
Has eneyone ever tryed Grace Shield as a dampener? It is a high end Ice and water shied for ROOFING, however just wondering how it would work since it is rubber based and a pill and stick. The product is thick and seams as it would do the trick? I don't know just thinking out side the box just wondering what people think.
Quote 0 0
wooferman
Hey, There is a guy on YouTube that did this and had great results. I am new back to the forum so I dunno if it is cool to add links or not, but here it goes:

I don't know what brand he used, but hope this helps.
Quote 0 0
mrclish
Hay thanks a lot. I just may try it out. What can I loose right.
Quote 0 0
Heath11
that stuff doesnt work great. i have used it before and it comes off in extreme texas heat. not near as thick as dynamat or other deaders (even if doubled up) and the aluminum is not flat or smooth. not very good for spl but it may kill some rattles if thats all your looking for
Quote 0 0
mrclish
I am just looking to kill some rattles. Don't do the competition thing anymore so no big deal. Just looking for a little bit more for my self that's all. Thanks for your input.
Quote 0 0
harryballsacksucker
Quote:
Originally posted by mrclish:
Has eneyone ever tryed Grace Shield as a dampener? It is a high end Ice and water shied for ROOFING, however just wondering how it would work since it is rubber based and a pill and stick. The product is thick and seams as it would do the trick? I don't know just thinking out side the box just wondering what people think.
i used to be a roofer for many years and that stuff will not do you any favors for an extended period of time,if you wanna go the roofing route,they make this stuff called dibiten,it's a torchdown roofing that is melted on the backside with a propane torch and when it is applied to the surface it will stick and not come loose when it is hot out,but the downside is you must completely strip your car inside of everything and the gas tank should be taken out,your probably better off though using the sound deadener you would find here on this site or others.I hope this helps.
Quote 0 0
dropbottommazda
I have heard of it . just never seen it used in a vehicle . More focused to roofing material
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy