mhart
will this class be here next season? i looked and didn't see many people in it, but i think it is a great idea and would like to build for it.
Quote 0 0
mhart
can i get a maybe?
Quote 0 0
dB Don
This class is current, I actually have a OS extreme but I don't compete with it since I am a judge. But there is alot of these vehicles out there. Its just a matter of show promoters offering the class.
Quote 0 0
mhart
so i read the rules, i think, with the exception of the wall and center console is everything else the extreme rules?
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Quote:
Originally posted by mhart:
so i read the rules, i think, with the exception of the wall and center console is everything else the extreme rules?
yes
Quote 0 0
mhart
as soon as i find a truck, the build will begin.
Quote 0 0
170typhoon
Sweet!!!
Quote 0 0
XquisitesoundZ
I think I may build for this also
Quote 0 0
XquisitesoundZ
Are you not allowed to build a center council in OS?
Quote 0 0
dB Don
12" away from B pillar/wall and your fine.
Quote 0 0
XquisitesoundZ
Do you have a pic of your extreme car Don?
Quote 0 0
dB Don
I don't have a full blown extreme vehicle since its my daily but I am in the OS 3+ class. I don't have my center console yet but as long as its 12" away from the wall for the 30" rod test you will be fine. And a pocket in the roof to pass the rod test on a center console will not work if anyones thinking this

Anyway heres an older picture of my OS wall when it was peaking at 49hz now its tuned alot lower so thats why the port is so short in this picture. currently the port is almost 21" deep and peaks at 45hz.

Quote 0 0
mhart
i didn't think you had to rod test(30") the console, am i wrong?
Quote 0 0
dB Don
No but if you take into account the current extreme rules most people will have a 30" tall passenger side. So naturally the floor would extend into the 12" space between center console and the subwoofer wall.

So when we discussed this it would naturally pass the rod test anyway even though its not required for the 13" console to door test. We had hoped more would be doing OS. So you are thinking correct just keep the console 12" away at the wall side and you will be fine.

[ 09-21-2010, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: dB Don ]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy